Hello friends!

Briana Bui

Location (City and/or State)
Allen, TX
Hey guys! New to the tortoise forum, I have a baby Eastern Hermann Tortoise!

Attachments

• IMG_6736 2.jpg
    IMG_6736 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6681 2.jpg
    IMG_6681 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
Hey Friend ! New to the tortoise forum, I have a baby Eastern Hermann Tortoise!
Welcome to the tortoise forum! We and your tortoise are glad you’re here. I say, “your tortoise “ mainly because the world, here I mean, “internet, petshops, and unfortunately breeders and even vetinerians” give out poor even bad and potentially harmful information about tortoises. One great thing about the forum is that you will find active keepers willing to share the proper information with you so you and your tortoise can have a wonderful life together. Ask questions and find your tortoise in the “specie select” section read what’s needed and ask any questions you might have, don’t be shy. If you want some kick back kinda yacking, head over to pretend chat 2.14 and join the fun there. There, we just do general b.s.ing about everything from our tortoises to our weekend plans.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome

I recommend you read the TFO care guides if you haven't already

They're written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

Baby Testudo Care - written for Russians but applies to baby Hermann’s too
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...or-other-herbivorous-tortoise-species.107734/

SANDYSFROGS

Lower Alabama
I found my Louie on his back. I gently turned him over but I don't know how long he had been that way. He walked around a little and ate a bit but still doesn't seem himself. Right now I have him in my bathtub in a little water. His breathing seems to be a little heavy. I hope he is ok. Is there anything that I should be doing?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I found my Louie on his back. I gently turned him over but I don't know how long he had been that way. He walked around a little and ate a bit but still doesn't seem himself. Right now I have him in my bathtub in a little water. His breathing seems to be a little heavy. I hope he is ok. Is there anything that I should be doing?
You need to post this in the health section for a better response.
I have never experienced this but would imagine that Louie is in shock, his lungs would have been compressed when upside down so his breathing may be a little off for a bit but, hopefully, he should be okay in a while.
Why do you think he flipped?

SANDYSFROGS

Lower Alabama
You need to post this in the health section for a better response.
I have never experienced this but would imagine that Louie is in shock, his lungs would have been compressed when upside down so his breathing may be a little off for a bit but, hopefully, he should be okay in a while.
Why do you think he flipped?
He was climbing. He climbs on anything that he can get traction. I'm on my phone and can't navigate well so I figured I would just ask a well known member. Thank you for your help. Now do you know how I can find the health section.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco