Hello for the Fantastic Members!

Nikki888

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hello Forum!

My name is Nikki, and I have always loved tortoises :<3::tort: and I decided to keep one.
But, before I really need to find answers for my questions, I am a responsible person in general, so, this is a big decision to make on one's own.
So I hope we will have nice discussions and have fun here :) I've already clicked around, and I see that this is a very kind and informative forum.
So big thank you for that?
In exchange, I'm sharing a -> funny tortoise joke <- with you, and I hope that this will make you laugh, and make your day a bit happier ;):tort::D
Which is at least as important in these days as the love we give to our pets!
Have a great day!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello Forum!

My name is Nikki, and I have always loved tortoises :<3::tort: and I decided to keep one.
But, before I really need to find answers for my questions, I am a responsible person in general, so, this is a big decision to make on one's own.
So I hope we will have nice discussions and have fun here :) I've already clicked around, and I see that this is a very kind and informative forum.
So big thank you for that?
In exchange, I'm sharing a -> funny tortoise joke <- with you, and I hope that this will make you laugh, and make your day a bit happier ;):tort::D
Which is at least as important in these days as the love we give to our pets!
Have a great day!
Hello and welcome. Let us know when you've narrowed down the species you are interested in.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hello and welcome to the forum! Uve come to the right place to talk and learn about torts and turts.

Nikki888

UK
He
Hello and welcome. Let us know when you've narrowed down the species you are interested in.
Hello :) thank you. I have three or four in my mind, I will do my research before narrowing down. they are too cute to choose :D
and also, I was thinking about keeping different species, but I don't know yet if that is a good idea or not...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He

Hello :) thank you. I have three or four in my mind, I will do my research before narrowing down. they are too cute to choose :D
and also, I was thinking about keeping different species, but I don't know yet if that is a good idea or not...
Many of us have multiple species. That is fine as long as they are housed separately.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Separately? If both are in the garden for instance, they fight..?
Two of the main tenants of tortoise keeping are: 1. Never mix species, and 2. Never keep them in pairs. Both of these practices often result in injury or death.

Nikki888

UK
Two of the main tenants of tortoise keeping are: 1. Never mix species, and 2. Never keep them in pairs. Both of these practices often result in injury or death.

Thank you, useful reading for the weekend!