Hello fellow tortoise lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weed Finder

5 Year Member
As a child (in Britain), my brother and I had tortoises. We didn't really know what we were doing with them, and they made it through a few hibernations ... until they didn't.

I now live in America. N. Cal. to be more precise. I decided to get back into tortoises a few years ago.

I took the Chelonian caretaker course via the internet from the UK Tortoise Trust, and part of that included a promise not to select a tortoise until I'd completed the course. That was a requirement, BTW, not something noble I'd decided.

After the course, I decided on Greeks. Actually I REALLY wanted a Sulcata but decided that I'd better not and talked myself out of it. So 7 Greeks (5 female, 2 male) and 6 years later, someone asked me if I wanted a Sulcata. I took her, and I'm very happy I did. She was living in a tank in a basement and was a child's pet. She seemed very nervous and frightened at first, but she has really blossomed and loves her new home.

I had no idea that Sulcatas are so personable. She's almost dog-like and greets me when I come home from work.

My Greeks relax and take siestas frequently throughout the day, but the Sulcata is always busy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum!

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Hello and welcome. We'd love to see some pics of your torts. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) Sounds like a nice group of torts you have. Would love to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.