Hello Everyone

Cozl86

My name is Chance. My family and I have purchased our first tort, Michelangelo (Mikey). Yes, he is named after the ninja turtle because my boys are ninja turtle nuts! He is a Russian tort (from what I've been told) and we are completely new to this. I have already learned a lot on this forum such as my tank is too small and my water bowl is a danger to him. Please feel free to fill me in on anything else I need to know. Thanks!ImageUploadedByTortForum1387853602.115642.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Hi Chance! Welcome to a great place to learn. Everyone wants to make sure them babies thrive, so there is lots of help available, for the asking. I use terra cotta clay saucer pots for water and for food and upside down under the basking area like a little stage, so that the clay gets warm and they can warm up faster, or so I think. The clay saucers also have a mildly rough surface for grip and for trimming nails and beaks. Temps are important and as for food, variety for vitality. Russians love a lot of broadleaf weeds, so you will see weeds in a whole new way now, LOL. Just be sure-sure-sure that they are not sprayed with anything chemical, ever. No pesticide, no fertilizer. Toxic. As member Cowboy Ken said: When in doubt, leave it out. For now, again, welcome! : )

And here is an informative thread, about food! : )
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-5823.html