Hello Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

catz58

5 Year Member
My name is Cathy and I have an African Spurred Thigh tortoise which was given to me about 9-10 1/2 years ago by my daughter and her boyfriend for mothers day. I named her Alex and she was only 3 weeks old when I got her. Now she is getting too big for her aquarium and I'm going to have to figure out a new home for her...just like kids, they grow too fast!

I joined this forum to stay informed and to meet people who love turtles and tortoises as much as I do. A post about bamboo trees/leaves is how I found this forum and I'm glad I found it. I'd like to get to know more about natures foods for them as well as other possible housing ideas. I live in sunny Florida so a lot of plants are available year round.

Thank you for letting me join and looking forward to the discussions.

Cathy in Seminole FL
:tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! What a great gift they gave you. Florida is a wonderful location for growing plants. :)I do have a question okay? This is a 9 plus year old sulcata and it still fits in an aquarium? How big is this tank? Does he get time outside in your lovely Florida sunshine?

Irish

5 Year Member
Orlando Florida
Welcome to the forum! You are just a stone's throw from fromme. I live east of Bithlo. How many pounds is Alex?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). At that age she should be living outside 24/7, specially in FLA. an aquarium is way to small for a sully of that age. Unless she hasn't grown. Hopefully you can get her out and build her a nice insulated dog house/night box for those few cold days and nights and for sleeping in. Check this thread out. The person that wrote it lives in Cali. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-66867.html

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Alex Welcome to the TFO Alex is your pet putting you out to enjoy your great sunny weather, plenty of grass
And weeds :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi fellow Floridian. I live in the pan handle of Florida. I am finishing my outdoor enclosure for my two 20 month old sulcatas. The shed has electricity and we're fixing to put insulation and plywood walls. They have a very large backyard where they roam and eat grass and weeds. It's a work in progress. But, can you possibly have some heated doghouse or small shed for your sully? Do you have a backyard? We'd like to see pics of your tort.

Status
Not open for further replies.