Hello Everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tianasaur

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hi everyone! First off, I just want to say how awesome you all are on here. I got a Greek Tortoise two days ago from PetSmart, and I would be so lost without you guys here. The folks at PS were very nice, but not the most helpful and didn't really give me adequate answers for most of my questions. But this forum has helped me so much already, and I haven't even had to ask my own question! So really, thank you everyone and I hope I can contribute myself once I have some more experience.

Anyway, this is Dave during today's soaking session:

IMG_2334.jpg.html

IMG_2335.jpg.html

The PS guy said he was male and about 5-6 months old (although I have learned to take everything he said with a grain of salt). I started feeding him the stuff the PS guy sold me, but it doesn't seem like the best food for Dave (and it doesn't look that yummy to be honest), so today I went and got some leafy greens from the supermarket after doing a good amount of research on here. Also, after reading all the stuff about bad coil UV bulbs, I freaked out and got a tube light, which I think is better not only because it is safer, but so this way his whole living space gets the good light and he can benefit from it even if he isn't in his basking area.

So again, Dave and I thank you for all your help, and are glad to meet all of you here in cyberspace!

Attachments

• IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2334.JPG
    IMG_2334.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 11

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
tianasaur said:
Hi everyone! First off, I just want to say how awesome you all are on here. I got a Greek Tortoise two days ago from PetSmart, and I would be so lost without you guys here. The folks at PS were very nice, but not the most helpful and didn't really give me adequate answers for most of my questions. But this forum has helped me so much already, and I haven't even had to ask my own question! So really, thank you everyone and I hope I can contribute myself once I have some more experience.

Anyway, this is Dave during today's soaking session:

IMG_2334.jpg.html

IMG_2335.jpg.html

The PS guy said he was male and about 5-6 months old (although I have learned to take everything he said with a grain of salt). I started feeding him the stuff the PS guy sold me, but it doesn't seem like the best food for Dave (and it doesn't look that yummy to be honest), so today I went and got some leafy greens from the supermarket after doing a good amount of research on here. Also, after reading all the stuff about bad coil UV bulbs, I freaked out and got a tube light, which I think is better not only because it is safer, but so this way his whole living space gets the good light and he can benefit from it even if he isn't in his basking area.

So again, Dave and I thank you for all your help, and are glad to meet all of you here in cyberspace!

Welcome ! What a beautiful bronze color he is :) Congrats on your Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.