Hello Everyone!

Corbo

Cheers, I'm from El Salvador, in central america, I just found this forum and decided to join for the turtles

I have one R.P. manni (from what I have gathered by reading for quite a while now).

Sadly I don't know much about it since it was a rescue, like its age and I just basically assummed it's a she... also because "tortuga" (turtle in spanish) is a word indicating a female (a dog was biting it in its old home from what they told me) my girlfriend got it for me and we call it whopper. Just like the hamburger. yup.

I keep it in my garden and seems to be happy overall. Has a small fountain which is pond-like and in the summer (past 3 months) whopper has been spending day and half the night in there :p though in winter whopper barely moved at all.

Now that the weather has changed and it's pouring a lot of the time spent in the fountain has lessen dramatically.

Here's a picture. This one time we added a water plant and... well, it ended up being eaten :p

20160522_155325.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi and welcome Corbo, you'll get lots of help and information here from very experienced keepers who'll be able to point you on the right direction for diet and care and make sure Whopper stays happy and healthy so read the forums and ask as many questions as you need.