Hello everyone New to Forum

Trinitygirl

Location (City and/or State)
Harrison, MI
Hi everyone, I found this forum looking for answers on how to take better care of my Sulcata Tortoise was worried about him because I was not seeing him eating and not moving around much and not opening his eyes, so I came across the conversation that Yvonne G was having about soaking in Gerber baby food so I tried it and he has perked up so much so I had to Thank You :) I owned one once before had him for about 8 years and I found out I was not taking the correct care of him and he passed away. My Husband got me another one and now I am paranoid on taking care of him, I am so happy to have come across this forum because it is really helping me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. If your shelled friend was started out correctly from the breeder and you follow the caresheet on the forum, with high humidity and proper heat and UVB, diet, soakings etc, you should do fine. As for the closed eyes, are you using a coiled type UVB bulb? They have been known to cause eye problems in the past and even near past, so most on here do not recommend them.

Trinitygirl

Harrison, MI
I have him in a 40 gal tank with a Infrared Basking Spot light 100w for night and day lights are a 150w Intense Basking Spot and a 26w Reptile uvb 200 this is what the breeder told me to use. I for sure will be reading up on your care sheets.