Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dataslave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winter Haven, FL
I have a couple of red-foots and here they are...
Bob and Dot.
1342705557_a726036853.jpg

1342706831_8c0e454657.jpg

1342708103_0c697ad98a.jpg

1342710693_035e3fc692.jpg

1342709283_fd1e5bb414.jpg

You can see the live action (or lack thereof) on my tortoise cam...
Click for Tortoise cam

User name is: everyone
Password: password

When the first page loads, click on the "single" button at the top of the page to view the camera.
It will try to install some harmless camera control software that allows you to pan and tilt the camera. You need these drivers to see the images. This part may take a minute or two... you must have patience to properly enjoy tortoises!

You can click on the image to center the camera where you want it.

Take care,
Andrew

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California
Welcome to Tortoise Forum.org dataslave.I don't think you should feed them fruits.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Actually I may be mistaken, but isn't a redfoot's diet suppose to be about 30% fruit? I know mine certainly enjoyed their slice of watermelon this summer as much as yours appear to have. Interesting house you built. How did you happen to come up with it? It's not the ordinary thing to see. lol

dataslave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Winter Haven, FL
Jacqui said:
Actually I may be mistaken, but isn't a redfoot's diet suppose to be about 30% fruit? I know mine certainly enjoyed their slice of watermelon this summer as much as yours appear to have. Interesting house you built. How did you happen to come up with it? It's not the ordinary thing to see. lol

Yes. They eat the fallen fruit off the jungle floor in their natural habitat. They like to eat the snails after it rains (it sounds like crunching potato chips.) I feed them mostly collards, yellow squash, red hibiscus flowers from my yard, some of the vines that grow here, and cactus fruit/leaves from my yard. They will sneak up and taste your toes if you let them!

1348122578_338dc280dd.jpg

1347231183_a3f78befc6.jpg

I wanted to make a little jungle habitat with a stream so they would feel at home. The tiki hut was just something I couldn't resist. I insulate it in the winter months and have a thermostat controlled pig-heater-mat that provides a warm place if they choose.

Their enclosure is 14' x 25'.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I think the hibiscus blooms are my redfoots favorite treat.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
welcome! thats quite an awesome enclosure those guys have. nice looking tortoises!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello, and welcome to TF, Thanks for sharing the pictures, your yard is amazing. Where are you located, I think everything would die here.

dataslave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Winter Haven, FL
jenrell23 said:
Hello, and welcome to TF, Thanks for sharing the pictures, your yard is amazing. Where are you located, I think everything would die here.

Thanks about the yard and the welcome. This is a cool forum and even cooler people I must say!

I'm in Winter Haven, FL. Center of the state. The rain shower almost every afternoon in the summer makes for nice jungle action. I'll post more photos of the other enclosures around the rest of the yard little by little.

Two 12" diameter gopher torts (shhhh... no permit... they were rescued, not entombed)

4 green iguanas (the adopted one is 5' long.) They have about 600 cu. ft. of spaz room.

Status
Not open for further replies.