Hello Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamegirl

5 Year Member
My name is Sandy and I'm a veterinary assistant living in Southwest Virginia. I have no pet tortoises at present, but would like to change that soon. I joined this group to help me decide which species is best for me, and what type of habitat and husbandry is best for him or her. Although I feel very sorry for those unfortunate tortoises I see in the big-name pet stores, I would prefer to adopt one from a rescue group. Can anyone refer me to one that is reputable and near my location? I have already learned alot from your site and would appreciate any further advice.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
tortoise.org has local clubs. I believe you have to fill out an adoption application to go thru them.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
Welcome, you should check out MATTS. The mid Atlantic turtle and tortoise society.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandy:

Welcome to the forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! How far would you be willing to drive to pick up an animal or would you want it shipped? (trying to think of a few other places to also suggest to you).

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Glad to have you Sandy! Welcome the the best place to educate yourself about tortoises. There are many great, knowledgeable people here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.