Hello! Best Online Tortoise Seller?

tortellinisoup

I am looking to get a tortoise this summer. I am stuck between ordering from TURTLE SOURCE and TORTOISE SUPPLY. I would love a B-Grade Hermanni. I am currently located in the New England, USA area. Where have you gotten your torts? Any suggestions?

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern, PA, USA
They're not a breeder and I've read less than stellar reviews.

Also why not support a vendor that is an active member?

Holly'sMom

I wanted to order a tort from Turtle source but I was getting ready to leave for vacation so I asked if I could pay now (it was a huge sale price and they only had 2 listed) and then have shipped a week and half later. They told me they had plenty and would honor their sale price.. a week and half later they wouldn't honor the sale prices and the ones I wanted were gone lol that's my only experience with them

Doreen S.

Staten Island New York
I am looking to get a tortoise this summer. I am stuck between ordering from TURTLE SOURCE and TORTOISE SUPPLY. I would love a B-Grade Hermanni. I am currently located in the New England, USA area. Where have you gotten your torts? Any suggestions?
Definitely Garden State reptile Chris Leone is fantastic I received my hermann's tortoise from him it is amazing eats everything healthy wonderful little baby and he is very very helpful when needed

Doreen S.

Staten Island New York
Avoid TurtleSource.

Try Garden State Tortoise, I've been very happy with the 5 tortoises I've purchased over the years from him.
Just look up Christian from Garden State check out his profile his knowledge is crazy he's been doing this for a very long time everything went so smoothly got a gorgeous baby

tortellinisoup

They're not a breeder and I've read less than stellar reviews.

Also why not support a vendor that is an active member?
They aren't a breeder? I've seen YouTube videos of their whole operation (Kenan Harkin visited their site). I'm still new to researching everything, so I could be wrong in assuming.

I got my Hermann tortoise, Geronimo, on July 29th, 2016 through Tortoise Supply. I did a lot of research and looking around for almost 2 years before. I AM VERY VERY VERY HAPPY with my little guy. The correspondence was excellent, they answered every question I had and listened to my concerns.He was delivered about 3 hours later than expected, but that was a carriers problem not Tortoise Supply. When I took him out of the box he was very active and ready to go from the start, once he made a couple of laps checking things out he went straight for the food dish. Geronimo has been a joy since the day we got him and I have not had any problems with him except he does have quite the attitude, he thinks he's king. LOL I would highly recommend Tortoise Supply.

Doreen S.

Staten Island New York
Don't know where you live butt Garden State reptile he's also an excellent place to get a toy might as well healthy wonderful little Eastern hermann's hatchling Chris Leone is also wonderful with answering questions or anything you need to know look him up he's amazing

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

One of our members, Chris Leone, is very knowledgeable and isn't far from you:

HERMANNIHAVEN.com GARDENSTATETORTOISE.com

tortellinisoup

Yes okay 5 times now Chris Leone has been suggested to me...(a few times by the same person? I'm still trying to figure out this forum layout!) Thank you for the suggestion.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Why not buy your tort on the TFO some members sell their torts ???