Hello, and thanks for having me - Sulcata's

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey everyone,

Recently joined the forum here, even though I've kept tortoises/turtles for the majority of my life. I have experience in keeping Cyclura iguana's, whether they're rhino's, Cayman's, Cuban's or Lewisi hybrid's. In the past I bred and kept tegus for many years and have had quite a variety of reptiles over the course of my life. The more high-geared herps were kept on my family property about 2 or so hours a drive away from where I live - but that's to discuss in another thread. I came across the Tortoise Forum after being a long-time moderator on Tegu Talk, and I remember @Josh mentioning the Tortoise Forum to me some couple years back.. and finally I joined, haha.

Check out my YouTube channel if any of you are interested, you'll find tons of vids of most all the reptiles I keep.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeguBuzz

When it comes to tortoises and turtles, I have a variety of both.

Tortoises:

- 1.0.0 Ivory sulcata male, 5 years old and about 15-16in, weighing in at about 20 or so pounds.
- 1.0.0 normal sulcata male, 10 years old, about 18in or so, weighing in at 34lbs. Has slight pyramiding from his previous owner years back.
- 0.1.0 het ivory sulcata female, 5 years old and about 15in, weighing around 15lbs.
- 0.0.1 normal sulcata, around 5in
- 1.2 Russian tortoises
- 0.0.1 Leapord tortoise (looks female) - around 6in

And the list goes on.

Turtles:

- Alligator snapping turtle (2) - one that is 9in and kept at home, the other which was raised by my father and lives on our property in a natural, large-scale pond, is about 120lbs or so, if not more.
- Three toed box turtles (4) - 1 male and 3 females
- Eastern box turtles (6) - 2 males and 4 females

I have kept aquatic turtles but there's too many to list and many wild ones have made our pond their home. Whether they're Texas cooters, yellow-bellies, red-eared sliders, common snappers or alligator snappers, they live in there. Before anyone asks, my alligator snapper (the 9in one), was purchased from Loggerhead acres a few years back and I've got proper permits to keep it. Our larger male was a small juvenile when my father found him making his way into our pond, and he hasn't left since. We consider him a pet, but in reality he's just another wild animal that feasts on whatever fish/animals live on the property.

Attached are pictures of my sulcata's, I'll try to get pics of the rest of the fleet up soon.

Attachments

• image(1).png
    image(1).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • image(2).png
    image(2).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • image(3).png
    image(3).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • image(4).png
    image(4).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • image(5).png
    image(5).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • image(6).png
    image(6).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • image(7).png
    image(7).png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
Thanks everyone. Really liking this forum - quite active.

@Tom , saw a lot of threads you wrote up with your sulcata setups - spectacular stuff.
@ALDABRAMAN Planning on buying an Aldabra from you in the near future!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks everyone. Really liking this forum - quite active.

@Tom , saw a lot of threads you wrote up with your sulcata setups - spectacular stuff.
@ALDABRAMAN Planning on buying an Aldabra from you in the near future!

Don't know if you saw them, but I've done a few tegu, Blackthroated monitor and Blue tongue skinks posts too, and I'm also a fan of Josh. Seems we may have more than just tortoises in common. :) We have a Lizard section in the "Other Pets" forum, so consider yourself invited to post lots of pics and share stories all day long!

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
Don't know if you saw them, but I've done a few tegu, Blackthroated monitor and Blue tongue skinks posts too, and I'm also a fan of Josh. Seems we may have more than just tortoises in common. :) We have a Lizard section in the "Other Pets" forum, so consider yourself invited to post lots of pics and share stories all day long!
I'll definitely have to look into those posts. Blackthroats? One of my favorite monitors! We use to keep a croc monitor as well as a Blackthroat both of which we parted with about two years ago. The croc has made the zoo his home now, and the Blackthroat was donated to a reptile only zoo, not sure of his exact whereabouts these days as I think he may have been traded by them.

I'll definitely have to post pics/stories of my Cyclura, tegus, etc., as soon as I get the chance! Thanks for the friendly welcome, and Josh is indeed a great guy!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I'll bet all those torts leave behind a substantial amount of fertilizer...