Hello and Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi everyone; I enjoyed reading posts for hours here as I was looking for info on a new Sulcata hatchling my daughter adopted just yesterday. I was thrilled to see such a great group and tons of helpful information and great ideas.

We have 2 Desert Tortoises (15 yrs old) and 9 Box Turtles (20 plus years old) plus 2 Box Turtle Hatchlings (1 week old). They all live outside is seperate habitats. The hatchlings will come inside when the cooler temps arrive here in Arizona. When my kids were little we bought a Box turtle. Long story short, we joined the California Turtle and Tortoise Society in Long Beach. We learned more than we ever could imagine about turtles and tortoises. I am still amazed at how much my kids learned from those meetings and awesome folks. The kids are grown and have families of their own, but still have love and respect for Turtles and Tortoises. So much so, that my Daughter decided that a new Sulcata Hatchling was the right choice for her and our 4 year old Grandson.

I look forward to learning more and sharing our experience with our turtles and tortoises.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
I'll be figuring out how to best post my pics, and you'll be sorry you asked for pics! ROFL :D

New smart phone here, so far it's smarter than I am. I'm sure I have a photobucket account, but haven't used it for years. I'll get it figured out. In the meantime, here's a pic of one of our DT's feasting on some treats.DSC_0379.JPG

ascott said:
Awesome and welcome to the Forum....we are picture freaks here....:D

Last edited by a moderator:

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
DSC_0866.jpg
[/URL][/img]
Our Daughter's newest addition to her family. Meet Scooby (Sulcata) on the right (Shaggy (left) will be getting adopted by Daughter's friend). Obviously a hatchling, but not sure how old. He did eat a bit last night, so I'm guessing somewhere around 1 week old.

Status
Not open for further replies.