Hello all!

Travis

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin, USA
Hello all!

I am getting a Red-footed tortoise, that should be arriving next week Tuesday. I personally am quite excited about it. I have wanted one for quite some time.

I have been a huge reptile fan my entire life. Although, this will be the first one that i have had in about 2 years. My last reptile I had was an iguana. We ended up having to get rid of it after having it for about 7 years, due to the fact we didn't have enough time for it. So, I am pretty familiar of how much effort it takes to own tougher types of animals.

For the name, I am still undecided between what I should name it. I am stuck between two names. Tyson and Nora. They are both very appealing to me. Does anyone have any opinions?

I will be uploading pictures as soon as I receive him. I will be looking forward to seeing everyone's tortoise as well! :)

PS: Does anyone have any tips or anything that will help keep him healthy with a nice smooth looking shell?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I vote for Nora. On,y becuase Tyson reminds me of Mike Tyson and I really don't like that person.
Take a read of the tortoiselibary.com. It's a members site and great RF info

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Hi Travis I'm fairly new as well and so far the Tortoise Library and the species specific right here at the the Tortoise Forum have been incredibly helpful. :) good luck! Can't wait to meet him!

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome! I just got a red foot almost 2 weeks ago and the people here are so helpful - I feel like I ask too many questions, but I want my little guy to be happy! I also vote for Nora. :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I vote for Nora too. Welcome to the forum, Good to have you here. This is a great please to learn and share. We will see lot's posting from you after you getting your new torts right? Looking forward to that.

Welcome.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
welcome and can't wait to see pictures i vote nora to tyson just makes me worrie it'd bite my ear off! and the tortoiselibary is what i'm currently going by

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Travis!