Hello All ?‍♂️

SulcataPapa

Location (City and/or State)
Palm Springs
6DDD1789-F59E-4C10-B0FF-A9829F0C6858.jpeg
37A66AB7-F62F-4D37-ABD2-5F0A86E8156D.jpegHello ?,

I’m new here and full of questions about my new obsession the beautiful baby sulcata Chan-Chan and Buddha.
We live near Death Valley in California so we shall all remain indoors for now
Nice to meet you ?‍♂️?

Crush da Baum

Brooksville

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
View attachment 303834Hello ?,

I’m new here and full of questions about my new obsession the beautiful baby sulcata Chan-Chan and Buddha.
We live near Death Valley in California so we shall all remain indoors for now
Nice to meet you ?‍♂️?
Hello and welcome. Love gotten the typical bad care advice. Not your fault. They should never be housed in pairs, and that moss needs to be removed ASAP. They will eat it and it can cause impaction. You also won't be able to maintain the right conditions in the sort of open topped enclosure.

Read this for the correct care info, and feel free to ask lots of questions.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the family here. You have already got some great info. Dont listen to the place you bought them from. They started you out wrong by selling you two and not telling you to keep them separated.

SulcataPapa

Palm Springs
Thanks for the info Tom!
These are my first tortoises and when I bought them I was only told about dietary needs. I’ve mostly been relying on articles I read or YouTube videos like Kamp Kenan etc.
I’ll be building the much larger enclosure today and taking down the moss.
Also, I was under the impression you could still use moss in the hide to create the humid environment separate from dry. Is this ok?

1289Gabe

San Diego California
Thanks for the info Tom!
These are my first tortoises and when I bought them I was only told about dietary needs. I’ve mostly been relying on articles I read or YouTube videos like Kamp Kenan etc.
I’ll be building the much larger enclosure today and taking down the moss.
Also, I was under the impression you could still use moss in the hide to create the humid environment separate from dry. Is this ok?
Yes, the moss under a hiding spot is okay if you keep it moist, so the humidity is high under there