Hello ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Depending upon what type of bulbs you're using, I'd be worried that so many lights are going to desiccate the tortoises. I find that using one tube type fluorescent bulb over the middle of an enclosure is plenty bright enough. And lately I've had a new enclosure set up using the LED lights and I really like the brightness they add.

Emmanuel Mendoza

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Depending upon what type of bulbs you're using, I'd be worried that so many lights are going to desiccate the tortoises. I find that using one tube type fluorescent bulb over the middle of an enclosure is plenty bright enough. And lately I've had a new enclosure set up using the LED lights and I really like the brightness they add.
6D903844-13D3-4260-971C-B65B29FFD270.jpeg

Emmanuel Mendoza

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Red = CHE I have a 150watt CHE & a 100watt CHE
Green = Zoomed basking bulbs, 3 75 watts & 2 100 watts
Blue = Regular daytime bulbs (No heat)

& yeah I think I’m going to do the fluorescent tube for the ambient lighting I didn’t think of that to be honest. It’d save me some $$$ and plug in space now that I’m thinking about it. I just used all the lamps from my old reptile collection, I decided to just stick with only tortoises because their care is much more easier than the reptiles I had before.