Helium balloon releases hurt sea turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I signed. I have thought it was awful many times. I am glad this little girl is doing something about it.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Personally I have mixed feelings about things like this.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
So....I have signed. Captain I too have mixed feelings, my mixed feelings come into play when ever another right is removed by law...however after working in a public wildlife and camping park I have seen the damage that gallons...stringers...party banners can do when they are not disposed of properly...and the death or injury is rarely quick...rather usually a long and painful process...

also...the other day in my own home my son had some left over yellow balloons from a science project..so he and the dogs thought it was fun to chase and pop the balloons...my son picked up each mangled popped balloon so the dogs would not ingest any...and when they were done went on to his next adventure...so about 5 minutes later I hear some activity coming from the RES tank...they can be playful and make a little noise anyways...but this was louder than normal so I walk over to their tank and I see that they had been stretching way up out of the water near their filter and actually worked the screen cover I have on the one side back away and were trying to eat the yummy looking yellow thing almost hanging into the tank (the yummy yellow thing was a piece of the popped yellow balloon)...so I was grateful they are noisy little buggers and gave themselves away...because had one of them ingested it...and not passed it..would have died and I would have never known why???

So in this particular case...I signed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.