heeeelllllllppppp my tortoise is losing weight and is not eating

awesomecs

5 Year Member
so when I first got tory she was kind of active then when I moved her to her new cage she was always active then a couple mounth back I moved her to a better cage she kind of it still active since it was circle she would do laps around the cage but now that it got cold and I gave her a big murcurey vapor bulb not cheap btw trust me so now that I have the bulb she ethire sits under her wood and sleeps sits out in the open and sleeps sits in the water and sleeps I have it hanging up high is it too how too cold please reasoned I want the best for my tory it is 200 watt should I get a 150 watt or is the bulb hanging too high btw how do I clean pillbugs alive so theres no parasites

awesomecs

5 Year Member
i don't know I haven't found a good Theo meter online I have money for it but I don't know a good one ill get one asap anything eles I need my candy selling business is doing good (I use it to buy stuff for my tort) I got 60 dollars so far

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Are you in America?
Lowes has non contact thermometers right now for $20
Walmart has digital food scales for less than that.
I see that you are a teen. maybe hint that you could use these items for Christmas?:)

awesomecs

5 Year Member
no no I have a "job" I sell candy and I have 50 in profit from 2weeks I can get them I am in America and I want the best for my baby

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I'm getting another habitat for Christmas that's all I want.......... even thoe my parents will just get me random stuff and a drone

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
no no I have a "job" I sell candy and I have 50 in profit from 2weeks I can get them I am in America and I want the best for my baby
That would cover the cost of both. With a lot to spare.
Way to go!!;)
You might get them both at one place. I hear that Walmart carries the thermometers and I'll bet that Lowes also has cheap digital scales....

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I have a tab of tortoise supply right now is that a good site I'm not sure

awesomecs

5 Year Member
I'm getting more money by the day.... time to restock again

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
A hygrometer is for humidity. if you buy the digital temp gun that Zeropilot showed you then you can spot check different areas of the enclosure without struggling to read the small thermometer scale or disturb your tort.
I also have a dual digital hygrometer and thermometer in one but I like the gun to check all areas.
How big is your enclosure? Can you post a pic of it? Then members can tell you if your MVB is in the right place etc to help your tort.

awesomecs

5 Year Member
You'd have to buy a thermometer as well. You can go to any major hardware store and get a decent combo thermometer and hygrometer for <20$. It doesn't need to be designed for reptiles.
oh really? nice oh and I thought that was a thermometer and im getting a incubator what container do I use just asking not planning to breed her until next year

awesomecs

5 Year Member
A hygrometer is for humidity. if you buy the digital temp gun that Zeropilot showed you then you can spot check different areas of the enclosure without struggling to read the small thermometer scale or disturb your tort.
I also have a dual digital hygrometer and thermometer in one but I like the gun to check all areas.
How big is your enclosure? Can you post a pic of it? Then members can tell you if your MVB is in the right place etc to help your tort.
ok can you tell me what ill need in her enclosure as well if I need anything eles

Attachments

• DSCN0263.JPG
    DSCN0263.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 20