Heating Pad

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sebastopol
What’s the most affordable, yet affective large heating pad I can use for my outdoor enclosure? I live in the North Bay Area of California

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What’s the most affordable, yet affective large heating pad I can use for my outdoor enclosure? I live in the North Bay Area of California
Don't worry about "affordable". Worry about safety and reliability. Your tortoise's life depends on this equipment working correctly and reliably. Not the place to look for a discount.

I have always used the Kane mats, so that is what I recommend.

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have a few Kane mats my self. They really arn't too pricey for how long and well made they are. Think of it as an investment.

Kyle
Good point Kyle. I've got Kane mats that have been in continual use under tortoises since the turn of the century.

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Sebastopol
Don't worry about "affordable". Worry about safety and reliability. Your tortoise's life depends on this equipment working correctly and reliably. Not the place to look for a discount.

I have always used the Kane mats, so that is what I recommend.

I didn’t mean for it to sound like that, of course his safety comes first. I’m willing to spend however much I need for a good heating pad. I just didn’t know if there was a cheaper, just as good option out there. Those look like nice heating pads and I trust your opinion on them, thanks for the help :)

sulcata101

5 Year Member
Sebastopol
I have a few Kane mats my self. They really arn't too pricey for how long and well made they are. Think of it as an investment.

Kyle

What size would you recommend for a sulcata? He’s about a foot long right now

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
How old is Vladimir?
[emoji4] Vladimir is approximately three and a half years old. We adopted him in March 2017 and were told he was two years old at the time. He was also only 4 lbs [emoji16]