Heat lamps heating room too much?

bsniegow

Location (City and/or State)
Aurora,Illinois
Hi I currently have a Russian tortoise in an indoor enclosure. For her heat lamps I have the mini combo deep dome set from zoomed. The issue I’m facing is that my room is physically getting really hot for me. Her tank temperatures and humidity is perfectly fine though. What could I do to help keep my room cool and her tank a good temperature? Thanks

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Is there another room to move the tortoise or can you open window and try to insulate the enclosure assuming enclosed, to avoid heat and humidity loss? The room should be ventilated for fresh air and oxygen etc

TheTattooedTortoise

North Wales, UK
Hi I currently have a Russian tortoise in an indoor enclosure. For her heat lamps I have the mini combo deep dome set from zoomed. The issue I’m facing is that my room is physically getting really hot for me. Her tank temperatures and humidity is perfectly fine though. What could I do to help keep my room cool and her tank a good temperature? Thanks
What kind of enclosure do you have your tort in? Also what temps are you running on the warm side and basking spot?

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Depending on the fitting you may need to get a thermostat and appropriate heat bulb to regulate heat to the temp you need. Suggest you share enclosure info.
Example...Habistat Pulse Proportional Thermostat

bsniegow

Aurora,Illinois
Is there another room to move the tortoise or can you open window and try to insulate the enclosure assuming enclosed, to avoid heat and humidity loss? The room should be ventilated for fresh air and oxygen etc
I opened a window in the room and left the door open and it’s been running warm but otherwise it’s been okay now

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Just wanted to chime in and say, what temps? Russians don’t need baking hot temperatures. By the sounds of it, opening windows to cool off, sounds too hot.

Maybe upload a pix of your current set up.