Heat and supplies

Jaid10

Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi guys! I am 11 years old and have two torts. I am moving my 10 inch tort into a 8 by 4 enclosure! Sadly her current situation is not going to do and I don’t have the proper lighting nor supplies. I have around $50 to spend and need some guidance on lighting and supplies for it. Here’s what I believe I need and need some help to find (tell me if I need more);
-a few lights, please send me a link of some I need for the enclosure and the watts

- for food I think I’m going to plant some seeds for grass and weeds, please help me find the right kind of seeds so I can start a garden for everything also I think I’m going to get a hay bale and I don’t know what kind of hay to get

-I think I might need an automatic mister so a link to one of those would be nice

-I need a hide and a mist hide so maybe some pointers on that would be nice

- I would also like some ideas/ links for decorating, substrate, and heat and monitoring the heat and moisture

Am I missing anything? Also any pointers for care, and what temps and humidity I need. The biggest things I don’t know about is what lights/ watts to get and what plants to grow(I’m in Utah). I will have more money soon. Thank you so much for your help everyone!!!

xMario

Germany
Hi guys! I am 11 years old and have two torts. I am moving my 10 inch tort into a 8 by 4 enclosure! Sadly her current situation is not going to do and I don’t have the proper lighting nor supplies. I have around $50 to spend and need some guidance on lighting and supplies for it. Here’s what I believe I need and need some help to find (tell me if I need more);
-a few lights, please send me a link of some I need for the enclosure and the watts

- for food I think I’m going to plant some seeds for grass and weeds, please help me find the right kind of seeds so I can start a garden for everything also I think I’m going to get a hay bale and I don’t know what kind of hay to get

-I think I might need an automatic mister so a link to one of those would be nice

-I need a hide and a mist hide so maybe some pointers on that would be nice

- I would also like some ideas/ links for decorating, substrate, and heat and monitoring the heat and moisture

Am I missing anything? Also any pointers for care, and what temps and humidity I need. The biggest things I don’t know about is what lights/ watts to get and what plants to grow(I’m in Utah). I will have more money soon. Thank you so much for your help everyone!!!
What kind of tortoise?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi Jaid. First we need to know where in the USA you are. Just a general location so we know the climate. In warmer southern states, your tortoise is large enough to live outside full time with a heated night box. An 8x4' cage is really too small for a 10" tortoise to live in full time. If you live in a more northern closer area, you'll get different advice.

Jaid10

USA
Hi Jaid. First we need to know where in the USA you are. Just a general location so we know the climate. In warmer southern states, your tortoise is large enough to live outside full time with a heated night box. An 8x4' cage is really too small for a 10" tortoise to live in full time. If you live in a more northern closer area, you'll get different advice.
I do know it is pretty small but it’s A LOT better than what she’s in right now, we are in Utah so it is very cold in all seasons but summer. During summer she has a 10 by 10 foot enclosure she quite enjoys. We are eventually going to get her out there but for a month or two I think it will be ok. I am mainly using it for when it gets too cold at night. After summer I will do one of two things, move my 4 inch tort into the 8 by 4 or add an extension onto the 8 by 4. Thank you Tom! You have been a huge help for me in my previous posts for me and now!