Head bobbing.

aidenb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saskatchewan, Canada
My sulcata caught a glimpse of my cherryhead in her pen (opaque but still clearish sides) and began vigorously head bobbing at her. Does this mean my sully is likely male?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
No....head bobbing can mean a variety of things....and keeping them in their own space is a good thing.....

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
just keep them separate that's just your sulcata letting another tort know this is they're area at least that's how i'd look at it but ascott know's more then me

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
but ascott know's more then me

Now now...everyones knowledge is applicable here....none more important than the other....David is indeed also correct...as shared, a variety of things are meant by head bobbing....head bobbing does not automatically equal a male ....here are some pushy broads around too :rolleyes:

aidenb

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
All I wanted to know if this was typically a male behavior. Never once stated that they were together. The sulcata climbed on too of it's hide and caught of glimpse of the cherryhead who is in the same room. Please don't make assumptions that they are together as they are not.

aidenb

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
What I meant was that the sulcata was able to see over the top of the cherryheads pen from his pen and see her in her own pen not that they were in the same pen.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
All I wanted to know if this was typically a male behavior. Never once stated that they were together. The sulcata climbed on too of it's hide and caught of glimpse of the cherryhead who is in the same room. Please don't make assumptions that they are together as they are not.

we're not assuming they're together all we said was they made eye contact and your sully knows the cherry head is there

i read it clearly the first time i knew they weren't together when saying that ;)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
No, might not be male. How large is he? Hard to tell until 'later' in life.

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
It's just a sign of aggression, and a warning to another tort. You see this behavior mostly in males during breeding season before they "fight", but like Ascott said there are some pushy broads out there too.

aidenb

5 Year Member
Saskatchewan, Canada
Just the way some of the responses were worded an looking back the way I worded the initial post it sounded like some people were thinking they lived together. Last time I weighed it it was 412g and 10 months old or so, so too small to tell anything physically yet.