Have plastic Christmas tree totes gone extinct?

ArmadilloPup

Location (City and/or State)
NE Oklahoma
This is the third year that I've kept my eyes out for one of these magical plastic bins of enormous size, but I've still yet to see one.

I'm not sad to see less plastic in the world, but they still make bins that are twenty feet tall instead of long ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can order them online

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma
Do you happen to know which store? I just see out of stock or unavailable at all of the major retailers. I only see canvas or the thin little wrapping paper bins for sale.

Quixx66

Louisiana
I found some online at Walmart, I think. You might have to purchase in-store but look online to see availability. They are hard to find and disappear until the holidays. Okay, I checked. Online Walmart.com says out of stock but offers a notice button. Pickup button lists as out of stock, no notice available. Sorry.

How bad do you need this tote?

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
This is the third year that I've kept my eyes out for one of these magical plastic bins of enormous size, but I've still yet to see one.

I'm not sad to see less plastic in the world, but they still make bins that are twenty feet tall instead of long ?
I live in GA and they have had them every year at Walmart in the store by me. I haven't been there recently so I don't know if they have them this year.

Quixx66

Louisiana
I found some online at Walmart, I think. You might have to purchase in-store but look online to see availability. They are hard to find and disappear until the holidays. Okay, I checked. Online Walmart.com says out of stock but offers a notice button. Pickup button lists as out of stock, no notice available. Sorry.

I called Iris USA to ask if they are still manufacturing or will restock this year. The item webpage has a message button at the bottom. I suggest we bombard them with messages to keep this in stock year-round for reptile keepers. https://www.irisusainc.com/tree-storage-box-red. Their phone number is 1-800-320-4747.

ArmadilloPup

NE Oklahoma

Thankfully it's not a big deal. I appreciate all of the replies :) I still wanted one for quarantine or emergencies, and I was going to grab one or two for a wildlife rescue that gets turtles.

Last year I checked in-store at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Costco and all I saw were Christmas coloured totes that were the same as the regular ones. I've been doing a lot of order online/pickup at store this year, but don't see anything like this even listed on their websites.

I'll probably find one when I'm 90 years old and my tortoise is too big to even soak in it, and I'm going to buy it out of stubbornness.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Do you happen to know which store? I just see out of stock or unavailable at all of the major retailers. I only see canvas or the thin little wrapping paper bins for sale.
walmart.com, containerstore.com

Include "iris" in your search - christmas tree storage bin by Iris

Gabrielthewerm

Cedar Falls
Have you checked Menards? I am not entirely certain that they have a Menards in your area, but that’s where I found my emergency tote for my Russian tortoise. They have a pretty big selection of totes all year round, and it was difficult finding the correct size, but when I did I was happy I went. :) hope this helps

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thankfully it's not a big deal. I appreciate all of the replies :) I still wanted one for quarantine or emergencies, and I was going to grab one or two for a wildlife rescue that gets turtles.

Last year I checked in-store at Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Costco and all I saw were Christmas coloured totes that were the same as the regular ones. I've been doing a lot of order online/pickup at store this year, but don't see anything like this even listed on their websites.

I'll probably find one when I'm 90 years old and my tortoise is too big to even soak in it, and I'm going to buy it out of stubbornness.
I just googled Iris Christmas Tree Bin and they have them at target, Walmart, and home depot currently. You should be able to buy one online if they don't have them in the store in your area.

Quixx66

Louisiana
I just googled Iris Christmas Tree Bin and they have them at target, Walmart, and home depot currently. You should be able to buy one online if they don't have them in the store in your area.
Back in stock already? Nice! Thanks.

Beachtherapy

Tennessee

I bought 2 a week ago at Target.
B4245033-2BE4-4416-9DBC-A7F545D73AA6.png

Quixx66

Louisiana
I find them at Walmart the day after Christmas.
Last Christmas I actually found these was 2017 or ‘18 Definitely not last year. I just yesterday called the one Walmart in my city that listed them. They never had them in. Not at local Lowe’s or Home Depot or online either. I guess some people just found them.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
The Container Store has these with clear lids. I bought a couple of them in August as they're a seasonal item and stores usually do not have them.. These have a more rigid sturdy lid than the Sterilite ones that's better for supporting your light and CHE fixtures without sagging. I vastly prefer the clear top as it's the top 1/3rd of the container and who whats a red or green sky all the time. They will not ship these so must go to a store to pick up.

Last edited:

Quixx66

Louisiana
The Container Store has these with clear lids. I bought a couple of them in August as they're a seasonal item and stores usually do not have them.. These have a more rigid sturdy lid than the Sterilite ones that's better for supporting your light and CHE fixtures without sagging. I vastly prefer the clear top as it's the top 1/3rd of the container and who whats a red or green sky all the time. They will not ship these so must go to a store to pick up.
Nearest one that has them is 250mi from me. 44g vs. 65g (14”H vs. 17”H. $49. But they do look pretty. Good luck everyone. https://www.containerstore.com/s/ir...h-wheels/d?q=Iris+storage+&productId=11005991

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
View attachment 312831
View attachment 312831
This is cool. In green, too. Good find. Thanks for sharing! ????

Beachtherapy

Tennessee
Im using mine for a red foot I bought at a pet store. This tree tote is 52” long but 16” at the bottom which is not enough, I hate the width. I soak in a groomers bathtub or would buy one of those big mixing pans at Home Depot or Lowe’s. They are easy to deal with and plenty big enough for soaking. I also like the Rubbermaid horse trough that is 50 gallons I believe. It’s not real deep and has a drain and could be put on an easy built frame
45D852C2-D2DF-4CF0-82FE-B3AE7A20B9E7.png