Hatchling problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krb1093

5 Year Member
Okay, baby made it through the night and will respond to noises! he's still very lazy but does open his eyes here and there. his sitting on his yolk sac because he can't reach the ground.I have him on paper towel now. Should I just mist him and the sac here and there so it won't dry up? also his yolk sac was protruding through the bottom of the egg shell and may have damaged it a little not sure. Should I put ointment on it?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
krb1093 said:
Okay, baby made it through the night and will respond to noises! he's still very lazy but does open his eyes here and there. his sitting on his yolk sac because he can't reach the ground.I have him on paper towel now. Should I just mist him and the sac here and there so it won't dry up? also his yolk sac was protruding through the bottom of the egg shell and may have damaged it a little not sure. Should I put ointment on it?

I would put him in a little bowl with moist sphagnum moss so it will help support him and his yolk sac and leave him and let him absorb his sac

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
You can cover the yolk sack with a thin layer of antibiotic ointment. You don't want it to dry out.

Status
Not open for further replies.