"hatchling failure syndrome"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
I feel after today that this is just an excuse for BAD Breeding... Today I lost Jinx my leopard tortoise from this... and it makes me sick to know that it was because of a stupid mistake by the breeder..

I woke up to my hubby asking if Jinx was dead, I took one look at my beautiful baby and droped to the ground and started to cry.. she was gone after I tried so hard to help her... It was so hard to let her go and even now I do not understand why she had to leave us at such a young age... IT'S NOT "hatchling failure syndrome" IT is "BREEDER FAILURE SYNDROME" the hatchling had no way to choose what happens to it but the breeder dose... i am just sick with heart break.

Please if you have lost a baby like this speek up or if you have anything to say please do... thank you guys!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
so sorry!
A lot is about education.. and not jsut onthe owners part.. Breeders or so called.. just want the money.. but some need to be updated with what works and what does not.. Peopple who loose them, like yourself.. need to notify the person you go it from.. and verify with them how it was raised before you got it. If more people do that.. the breeders will have to start to realize there is something wrong....

reticguy76

5 Year Member
Very sorry to hear. I lable the people who breed in one of two categories: Breeders - are people who truly care about the species and animals they keep, produce and sell and are properly educated and properly educate potential owners they sell to. Second category is: people who are able to produce species and animals - are in it for money and quantity rather than quality.
It is usually pretty easy to label each potential seller you talk with and deal with

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
because of a stupid mistake by the breeder..

"hatchling failure syndrome" is a real thing and is not always a result of poor start care......I looked back on your thread from when you won the little beauty...it appears that Pets101 was the source you obtained your little tort from, as the winner of a contest?

They are a member here, perhaps you can address them to confirm their hatchling care practice before making the above statement....

I am so so very sorry for the loss of your little baby....

conservation

10 Year Member!
Brooke,

I am terribly sorry to hear about the death of your Leopard Tortoise. I also understand your negative comments towards me may make the pain of loss easier to deal with and I take no offense to them.

Brooke, if you remember, I gave you the Leopard Tortoise, a brand new mercury vapor bulb, Mazuri tortoise diet, grass hay and a large container of Minerall Calcium for free on or around 04/01/12. I met you in person and let you hand pick which tortoise you wanted from a small group of tortoises. I also provided you my cell phone number, e-mail address and care advice.

Since we happen to live in the same community, if at anytime over the last two months you would have contacted me and told me your tortoise was sick, I would have been happy to assist you in dealing with any health issues your tortoise was having including paying for vet care if needed.

Brooke, if you can prove to me you have a clean and suitable enclosure for a new Leopard Tortoise and truely understand how to care for one, I can provide you my last remaining Leopard Tortoise of last year, which I was holding back for myself.

Sorry for your loss,

Stephen

www.Pets101.com

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
RE: "hatchling failure syndrome"

I wish all customer service was that good.

Kudos for handling this situation very well, Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.