Hatchling died??? :( (new user)

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Underground is very shady about refunds and returns (i.e basically they'll tell you that as soon at the animal is out of their possession it's your fault if anything happens) so I've gone and opened a dispute with paypal which is under review. I also plan on getting a hatchling from Tom.
Thank you for all the help and advice.
I got a refund from PayPal recently. The seller of an aquarium never sent it at all but also would not refund. I’m telling you this because Underground will probably dispute like my person did, and you MUST keep up with your emails that PayPal sends you. At each stage you do NOT have a lot of time to respond before PayPal will close the dispute!

Obbie

Minnesota
I am so sorry for your loss. I had the same “failure to thrive”. Emi was so cute and active. Then at almost 1 year mark, went down hill in a hurry. Eyes shut, not eating. She passed within a week. Personally I think it is too hard to keep their areas perfect. Humidity, light, heat. I live in Minnesota...so...i was offered a 45 pound Sulcatta last year. She is wonderful, she loves to interact with me and 2 Jack Russells. I guess it’s my idea that the hatchlings are just too delicate for some of us to handle.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Sorry for your loss. I recently went threw something very similar. Mine ended up being a very contagious reptile bacteria that he already had when I got him and not knowing. I learned a soft shell is from a lack of D3.
Did you have a sulcata baby? Did you get him from Underground?
@Pastel Tortie
@mastershake
@Tom

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida

Hywel

Houston
Ive ordered a new baby from Tortoisesupply and remade the tank
20200923_185640.jpg
I'm gonna go and get a terracotta saucer tommorow morning... Can't wait for when i can show off the tank in a few weeks after the grass starts to grow inside and it looks less bland.

Thank you for all the support on this thread it's been very hard for me mentally and emotionally these last few days.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
@KarenSoCal i would be more inclined from underground to think this was more related to the same issue we have been seeing honestly. just because the bumps are not visual yet doesnt mean they were not already infected with them they take a few weeks from what we are finding to show up. but yeah they could have been a poor start also. well more then half of all the cases i know of are from underground now.

How are you "knowing" all this about this particular business? Also I'm not seeing what this mysterious disease is?

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
How are you "knowing" all this about this particular business? Also I'm not seeing what this mysterious disease is?
there has been A LOT of tracking done regarding where and who has been selling these animals. there will soon be a necropsy result as well. its a long story trust me. it is NOT only underground selling them but we have seen the most cases come from them now count wise

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
i have to apologize to some waiting im dealing with cancer myself and had to go in yesterday for some eye issues (i have a tumor inside the left eye). so part of the hold up is my fault i am working to figure out what this is as soon we can. i had a couple animals lined up who just passed set up for necropsies who still have the bumps. but have not heard back from either person. IF YOU have one who just passed and you want to help please place in a freezer bag or tupperware immediately (as soon as possible) and place in the REFRIGERATOR and contact me asap. i have 2 who will be done soon BUT we were able to resolve the bumps on them so we will find out whats going on inside but neither of these have the bumps anymore which is part of why i would like to get a new sample here of those as well. the animal would go to the university of florida and they are well known among those working with tort species. we believe the bumps are a secondary issue to another bigger issue.

Last edited: