Status
Not open for further replies.

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
Hi gang,

My question is, can eggs hatch at different months if they were laid in the same batch?

I have 4 eggs laid on New Years day. One hatched on Feb 27. The other three haven't hatched yet but I see embryo development in two of them. One seem to be rotten.

thanks for the advice

The eggs are incubated in havobator at 31 C with 70 to 80 humility.

I have eastern hermanns

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Ton,
The biggest gap in the same clutch, that resulted in a hatchling that lived, has been only 20 days for any of my Testudo . I almost had one do 40 days this spring. I had a Russian egg hatch after 112 days with the prior hatchling hatching at 72 days. I thought I was going to make it with this one, but he only lived 7 days. :(
So even if they are still good, the chances of them giving you a hatchling that will live are slim. I've never had it happen. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

Danny

soundwave

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Calgary, Alberta CANADA
Hi Danny,

Thank you for the information. I'm sad but not surprised :( All the four eggs had embryo development when put a pen light to them, I can see mini tortoise shapes. I was wondering if did something wrong in the incubation process. I have had two hatched since August from different batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.