Has anyone used Immune IQ?

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
My poodle has goopy eyes. I tried Angel Eye and all the other stuff to cure it with no luck. I heard somewhere it could be allergies, so I sent a saliva and hair sample to immune IQ. It came back that she is allergic or sensitive to a LOT of common dog food ingredients . Does anyone know if this is a legit testing company? I found one dog food that I think will be okay, but I may have to start making my own. Does anyone make their own dog food?

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Great! Thank you. I thought it was odd that she was allergic to so many things.

Delilah1623

I know those tests are not that reliable. I am not sure if it was that specific company but a member of a dog forum sent a sample of tap water instead of saliva and it came back as being allergic to all sorts of things.

I feed my dogs (a great dane and 2 wiener dog mixes) a raw diet. All raw meat, bones and organs. A lot of dogs with allergy symptoms do great on it because there are no grains or fillers. They have been on it for about 4 years and are very healthy with amazing coats and less of a doggy smell. It is more work and takes some research but it might be something worth looking into. My rescue boy had terrible runny eyes that went away after switching.

I love, love, love raw feeding so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help! Good luck!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I know those tests are not that reliable. I am not sure if it was that specific company but a member of a dog forum sent a sample of tap water instead of saliva and it came back as being allergic to all sorts of things.

I feed my dogs (a great dane and 2 wiener dog mixes) a raw diet. All raw meat, bones and organs. A lot of dogs with allergy symptoms do great on it because there are no grains or fillers. They have been on it for about 4 years and are very healthy with amazing coats and less of a doggy smell. It is more work and takes some research but it might be something worth looking into. My rescue boy had terrible runny eyes that went away after switching.

I love, love, love raw feeding so if you have any questions I'd be happy to help! Good luck!
I also feed raw to my dog and cats. I absolutely love it also. I feed a combination of commercial bought food and homemade food. It is important to do research or else you can harm or even kill your pet if not done right. But it is not that hard once you get the basics down.my dog is 13 years old and has hit dysplasia, she has been on raw for seven years now and I feel she has done so well because of the raw diet. It is not a cure-all but it sure is great for most dogs. I know several people who feed it and all have had great luck.

Delilah1623

Thank you (= I found her and her sister when they were left in a dumpster as kittens. They just turned 14!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I thought about making my own cooked dog food because I am afraid of disease and parasites that might live in raw food. Thoughts?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I thought about making my own cooked dog food because I am afraid of disease and parasites that might live in raw food. Thoughts?
You lose a lot of the nutrients when you cook it. Basically I just keep all the containers for the dog and cat food separate from my food containers and use good handwashing techniques and sanitation to keep things clean.dogs aren't affected nearly as much by things like salmonella because the food doesn't stay in your system very long. Just think about the really disgusting things they eat at the park :) cats are a little more touchy about things like that though.from the research I have done if people cook the food they have to put in a lot of supplements to make up for the cooking process. Heck I don't even cook for myself I'm not can cook for my animals :) I like the idea of raw and it has worked very well for my pets.

Delilah1623

I have also seen studies that actually found more traces of salmonella and e. Coli in kibble than raw meat. It seems very strange and overwhelming at first but it is easy once you get the hang of it. There are a lot of really good resources on the Web for raw feeding. My favorite is the Danes Online forum.... I know you don't have a dane but they have a whole board just for raw feeding so you could pop in and do some reading to see if it's something you want to try. It's much easier than it seems.... 80% meat, 10% bones and 10% organ meat. 2-3% of your dog's body weight. The more variety the better. The only supplement I add is coconut oil.

Delilah1623

And as far as germs go o actually bought a mini fridge off Craigslist and have a counter and cabinet from the habitat for humanity Restore down there where I do all my prep work. Including the fridge, cabinets and counter it cost me under $75 to set up.