Has anyone read this book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Just checking to see if anyone else has read Slumdog Millionaire? I just finished it and it is well worth the read. I hear the movie is a lot different then the book. Thinking about seeing it, but not sure now if I'm going to or not. I'm really not a person who likes to go to the movies. I usually like to read medical (usually alternative health) and self help books so this was a little different for me to read, but I loved it. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm quite the avid reader, however my venue is mystery. My favorite author is **** Frances, then J.D.Robb. I'll have to check out Slumdog Millionaire (on your say-so!!)

Yvonne

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
Yvonne-- I love JD Robb also!!! do you also read Janet Evanovich (spelling not count) ???
no-- I have not read slum dog.. I am more into suspence, mystery, romance, and sci fi
-Bon

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, Maggie and I have every one of Evanovich's books. I just LOVE Stephanie Plum, Ranger and Joe!!!

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG!!! It is always so much fun to find someone else who also loves Janet Evanovich. I was still a truck driver when I read her first Stephanie Plum book. I was sitting in a restaurant in the south somewhere having my dinner. It was always a little bit uncomfortable for me to eat alone, then I'm in the south where they are all big rednecks, so I am eating alone and reading her first book and I started laughing out loud! I couldn't help it, it was just so funny...I was in the drivers section and the other drivers were giving me strange looks. But I simply couldn't help it. I was laughing like a crazy person. I had to get a container to take my food out to my truck and eat it so I could laugh.
That happened to me several times with her books...I just love them...

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I LOVE reading - Nick reads super slowly, and I'm a very fast reader. I've gone through 4 books last month (April)- I love reading most things ! Candy I read Slumdog Millionaire, it's brilliant, but so is the movie !!!! They are different, but the movie puts it into perspective how hectic things are.

My fave author is Jeffrey Deaver....oooooh I just love his suspense thriller murder mysteries !!!!! I'm reading a book by Cathy Glass right now called "The saddest girl in the World" - Cathy Glass is a foster carer in the UK, and this book is about one of her foster kids she looked after. I"M GLUED!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
I have not read the book but I will, the way all of you talk about it, it looks like an amazing book.
Reading is my favority hobby (after taking care of Hermy of course :) ). Last week, I bought the book wicked lovely, I can't wait to start it.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Yes, i have read the book. It has also been published called 'questions and answers' in the UK. Swarup has another fiction book but i'ts called '6 suspects', its on my list, but haven't got round to reading it yet...

G

getingwats

Yes I already read this book.This book is really very good.This book gives us very good information.Thanks For sharing this.

N

nikgary

Sorry candy i have not read these books can you write tell about the author name so it will be easy to find the books.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Sorry to say I have not read that one yet. But a friend of mine had two of his students selected and play on stage at the Academy awards for the songs to Slum Dog Millionaire, such an honor for them and him. :) . I am currently trying to read Edward Kennedy's Memoirs. But I think I may need new glasses now. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Crazy1 said:
I am currently trying to read Edward Kennedy's Memoirs. But I think I may need new glasses now. :(

Are you saying that reading E. Kennedy's Memoirs is causing your eyes to cross? :D

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
emysemys said:
Crazy1 said:
I am currently trying to read Edward Kennedy's Memoirs. But I think I may need new glasses now. :(

Are you saying that reading E. Kennedy's Memoirs is causing your eyes to cross? :D

Yvonne

Well not sure yet but maybe, I'm only on page 10. Yikes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.