Has anyone purchsed from Aldabras.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosb

5 Year Member
Hi,
I would like to purchase an Aldabran Tortoise from Alison at Aldabras.com If anyone one has done so and can share their experience or has a means of contacting her I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum..

We have a Aldabra breeder on this forum, ALDABRAMAN (Greg). I know nothing about Aldabras.com and I think its so much better to get a tortoise like this directly from the breeder that you can talk to and that will answer all your questions and this will guarantee the health and quality of the tortoise.
I put his email down below if you want to contact him.

[email protected]

Radiated

5 Year Member
I agree. If i were u, i would contact ALDABRAMAN Greg.
Definitely

tortuga_please

5 Year Member
I apologize because I know it's off topic, but i have to agree with the above posts. He raises a variety of torts in an extremely comfortable environment, he has a thread called aldabra breeder with dozens of pages of pictures if you'd like to look.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just looked at their web site and they are actually located in the Seychelle islands. I would think you'd be much better off trying to find a tortoise in the country you live in.

Hi hoosb:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you? and may we know where in the world you are?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The web page says it's under development and is dated 2006... I'd stay away! Greg is a far better bet if you are in the USA.

Hoosb

5 Year Member
Thank you for all of the welcome messages. I have searched the internet and found that at one time, at least, there were many happy customers of Aldabras.com. I understand they export directly out of the Seychelles. I'm in Germany and so it will be just as difficult to impoirt from the United States as it would be from the Seychellles.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Hope All Goes well :cool:

Aldabraman (Greg) Breeds Healthy beautiful baby's.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hoosb said:
Thank you for all of the welcome messages. I have searched the internet and found that at one time, at least, there were many happy customers of Aldabras.com. I understand they export directly out of the Seychelles. I'm in Germany and so it will be just as difficult to impoirt from the United States as it would be from the Seychellles.

They are importers and seem to have a good reputation. There prices seem very reasonable and I have heard they will ship almost anywhere. Some of our customers have tortoises from them also and seem happy.

Radiated

5 Year Member
ALDABRAMAN said:
Hoosb said:

They are importers and seem to have a good reputation. There prices seem very reasonable and I have heard they will ship almost anywhere. Some of our customers have tortoises from them also and seem happy.

Would you ship to china? Does that website ship to china?

Thanks

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
I met the girl that ran Aldabras.com several years ago, but it was my understanding that they have never once been able to get a shipment into the United States. Maybe that's changed (if someone here has one from them, it apparently has). I don't know if they are still working on it (haven't been updated in a few years), but they were having some legal struggle a few years back with importing (or exporting) them here. Like was said, you'd be better off finding one already in the country.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
You shouldn't have any problem getting them into Germany. The vast majority of young Aldabras around the world have come from them; With that said, I doub't they'll only Export one animal.........You'll have to find someone who brings in a group and go from there..........I think Le Ferme Tropicale used to bring them in, but I don't know if they do currently.........

Hoosb

5 Year Member
I'm looking for a small group (10 animals) as I plan to import for myself and a friend. Can anyone pm me a working email address for Allison or a telephone number?
Thank you

Radiated

5 Year Member
Hoosb said:
I'm looking for a small group (10 animals) as I plan to import for myself and a friend. Can anyone pm me a working email address for Allison or a telephone number?
Thank you

Can u PM it to me swell?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.