Has anyone ordered from ReptileCity.com or Reptiles-N'-Critters.com???

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlesrule101

5 Year Member
I am thinking about ordering from on of the two. Does anyone have suggestions for places to order from? TurtlesAndTortoises became out of stock of what I wanted.
-Brooke

tickle

5 Year Member
No I use tortoise supply or Arizona tortoise compound both shipping methods top notch and there stock is healthy.but so could the places u are asking about I'm sure someone here has tried em.what kind of torts?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
No. I have never heard of either of those. There ARE however, lots of reputable well known sellers right here on this forum. These are people that we know and have successful track records that are many years long.

I can't think of any reason to buy from someone you don't even know, when there are so many good, known sources here.

Do a post in the wanted section for whatever you are looking to buy, or PM members who you know keep the species you are interested in.

Buying from the wrong source is "Beginner Mistake" number ONE in the first link in my signature.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Arizona tortoise coumpound is a very good place to purchase. I have used them.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
So, you are asking if those are good websites whether that is how exactly what you asked as your question or not. You are buying an animal or supplies?

If a brand name supply - then go with whoever has the least expensive price on a closed box, to your door. Very simple.

If an animal, well then that is a whole different question, and then which species makes it a bit more complicated.

Animals are organic, not manufactured, you know this right, so unless you are at the location picking the animal yourself, then you are trusting someone to pick it for you. It's close, in my point of view, like selecting a date for the evening. Seriously. The turtle/tortoise should last longer than a random date, so unless you know and can trust the person picking the animal out for you, best price does not equate with best animal.

Even if you feel that you are not sure on picking the animal yourself, be prepared for dealing with someone else's, knowing. Who would know best then? Probably someone who breeds the species or say is established and will act of YOUR best behalf. Some dealers will act on your best behalf, as they want more business and positive reviews in venues like the TFO, some act as if the world is full of new first time customers, and seem to be willing the screw everyone, even life long partners.

So, if an animal, be patient for at least as long as it takes to get to know people, or pick for yourself.

Tell is, what are you buying? If I think I know a good source I will tell you, as will other people here.

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.