Has Anyone Bought From LLLReptile?

Aurum0

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Hi there. I am interested in ordering a sulcata tortoise baby from them. Is it something I should do or is it a bad idea?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Buy from a breeder.
I have purchased 3 chameleons from them and they all died within 3 months. I cant say it was their fault but they dont raise what they sell.
Buying from a good reputable breeder is much better.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
They are a local brick and mortar chain where I live in southern California. Most locals who are 'in the know' will not buy live animals from them. As better as they may be then at least some big box pet stores, it is not enough better to look away from actual breeders of the animal you may seek.

There are many sulcata breeders listed in the TFO marketplace, https://tortoiseforum.org/forums/for-sale.26/ . that there is no comparison to what you will find in any pet shop.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I have only purchased reptile supplies from them. I agree with those who recommend buying from a breeder, they take much better care of their tortoises and you'll get one that is much healthier. Sulcatas are popular so you'll easily find a breeder. Babies are always available.