Has anyone bought from American Reptile Distributors?

xChadN

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Looking to purchase a tortoise from them, just didn't know if they're reputable or not.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I would not. Google says

American Reptile Distributors | Facebook​

https://www.facebook.com › AmericanReptileDistributors

Quality Wholesale Captive Born and Imported Exotic Animals. ... American Reptile Distributors on MorphMarket is owned by William Gangemi and located in ...
Then google has this article when you search him

xChadN

Oklahoma
What species are you looking to purchase? Why not buy directly from a good breeder?
I was looking to purchase a leopard or a yellow foot tortoise. Upon checking their website they do say they are field collected which I definitely don’t want, and seeing their history, I definitely won’t be ordering from them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I was looking to purchase a leopard or a yellow foot tortoise. Upon checking their website they do say they are field collected which I definitely don’t want, and seeing their history, I definitely won’t be ordering from them.
For a well started healthy leopard contact @Kapidolo Farms or @Gijoux

I don't know of anyone breeding yellowfoots. Lots of good redfoot breeders here.

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
I would not purchase from them I got a group of yellow foots that were supposedly long turm captives it has been 6months and despite my best efforts and 1000s of dollars in vet bills only 1 out of the 5 is left

Alphadog1992

Philadelphia
Honestly I purchased several turtles and tortoise over the years from William Gangemi (the owner). Although he had a run in with the law years back prior to opening American Reptile Distributors, he has always done right by me. American Reptile Distributors it is a larger family run business. I’ve met them out at the Daytona show and actually purchased my wife our first two Aldabra Tortoises at the show from him and his other family members helping to run the booth.

Attachments

• 703ad568-86ac-4408-a374-f0f409a06580.JPG
    703ad568-86ac-4408-a374-f0f409a06580.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 15

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
Honestly I purchased several turtles and tortoise over the years from William Gangemi (the owner). Although he had a run in with the law years back prior to opening American Reptile Distributors, he has always done right by me. American Reptile Distributors it is a larger family run business. I’ve met them out at the Daytona show and actually purchased my wife our first two Aldabra Tortoises at the show from him and his other family members helping to run the booth.
i bought 7 blandings turtle from Billy , he sent me exactly what he said he would ....... unlike the "reputable" breeder i bought 3 from .........