Has any one ever used tricide-neo

Rosalet2

Has any one ever used tricide-neo my vet prescribed this to my tortoise that has a broken shell that was infected just finished round of antibiotics. She wants me to discontinue the batanine soaks and start on the tricide-neo. She Does not have much tortoise experience so we are both learning as we go. I've looked for info regarding thes medication on torts but there does not seem to be much.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
No experience there friend, but I'm going to follow so I can learn myself. How's your tort doing?

Rosalet2

No experience there friend, but I'm going to follow so I can learn myself. How's your tort doing?
He is doing great thank you for asking. I'm not sure if this medication is really needed, I'm just going to use it as a extra precaution. I think the vet just want to make sure she does not close up the crack without marking 100% sure there could not be anything brewing up in there so I guess I'm ok with that.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
He is doing great thank you for asking. I'm not sure if this medication is really needed, I'm just going to use it as a extra precaution. I think the vet just want to make sure she does not close up the crack without marking 100% sure there could not be anything brewing up in there so I guess I'm ok with that.

That's great news. Yeah, like I said, I wish I knew more about that medicine :/

Bee62

Germany
I don`t know something about tricide-neo, but I read that it is used for Koi fishes for bacterial infections.
These fishes are very sensitive.
Mayby it will work on the infected wound of your tortoise too, but your tortoise should never drink the water that is treated with this medicine.
http://www.koiacres.com/koi-acres-products/tricide-neo.html

Kasia

Poland
It's neomycin ointment, antibiotic used for torts as well. You mentioned that your tortoise already had antibiotics? I understand that they weren't enough for the infection, maybe neomycin has different spectrum and that is why Vet recommended it. Best wishes for your shell baby:)