Hardcore tortoise enthusiast

Zek

Location (City and/or State)
Halifax, Canada
I'm not really that hard core.... I just have one tortoise to be honest, he's my road dogg. His name is Wilson and am his enthusiast.

Pictures to follow :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello and welcome to Tortoise Forum to you, Zek and Wilson.
Eagerly anticipating the photos.

Zek

Halifax, Canada
Thank you thank you. Yes he is a red foot, about 15 years old and I got him when he was a hatch-ling. Unfortunately living in Canada I guess acquiring new tortoises is pretty difficult now so I hear (haven't really tried). But I did rescue a yellow foot from being made into curry when I was working In Guyana in South America. He has been living with a friend and I am trying to import him now. :) I'll take some pictures of Wilson today for you guys.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Welcome to the forum. Beware tortoises are addictive. I started with 1 and now have 9.:tort::<3:
Very addictive...I started with 2 and have 3 now. I have to physically restrain myself whaen I see them on craigslist though....

Zek

Halifax, Canada
Thanks! Haha yeah I just found out you can still get them in Canada if they're from a local breeder. If only I had an extra 500$ laying around I think I'd have a baby Greek tortoise right about now.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thanks! Haha yeah I just found out you can still get them in Canada if they're from a local breeder. If only I had an extra 500$ laying around I think I'd have a baby Greek tortoise right about now.
Can buy them for 2 dollars here.

Zek

Halifax, Canada
Seriously? There was a salmonella scare here about 15 years ago and the government freaked out. Now torts are very hard to find, 500$ is the cheapest baby I've found for any species. Average price for a star is 1200$

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Seriously? There was a salmonella scare here about 15 years ago and the government freaked out. Now torts are very hard to find, 500$ is the cheapest baby I've found for any species. Average price for a star is 1200$
Very expensive.
Poor people take them from the countryside here and sell them for the price of a meal.
It's not good.

Zek

Halifax, Canada
Ah yeah that's too bad. It happens in Guyana and Colombia (were I live half the year) as well.