Happy WORLD TURTLE DAY!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Wanted to wish all a happy World Turtle Day. A picture of the view having coffee on my patio this morning...

IMG_1436.jpg

And, walking to the upper patio, here's an old Mississippi Map Turtle celebrating with a new clutch of eggs she's just finishing burying,

IMG_1435.jpg

Of course, World Turtle Day does not go by without recognizing my pride in my protege grandson. He has definitely taken after me and has an inexhaustible interest in turtles and tortoises. A few pictures of the last time I was with him at their new home in Alabama. He is in heaven with all the turtles indigenous to that area. Every day spent turtle hunting, especially this time of year!!

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

(Lisa Badgley is my daughter, his mother.) Here's he's teaching his sister about turtles and how not to get bit by a common musk...

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

Happy World Turtle Day!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Happy World Turtle Day to you and yours.
Cute grandkids and happy to see they are having fun with their grandpa learning and catching turtles.
Great pics and still in love with your home.
Thanks. Here’s another picture of the pond I just took to slow it from the other side. View from next to the top waterfall looking towards the patio and dipping pool.

6A478641-5162-4790-9FED-3F34A382366F.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Those turtles have no clue they are not out in the wild. Very natural looking.
How long has it been now since you first started all the construction for the pond?