Happy St. Nikolaus!!!

Prairie Mom

:Dnikolaus paiting altered.jpg
(see http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/around-the-world/ for info on Countries who celebrate)

The original Saint Nick is coming to town the morning of December 6th for much of Europe and other countries as well. He still comes to deliver presents despite the weird way America and the Coca Cola company have distorted his image throughout the world and changed his name to "Santa Claus" or "Jolly ol' Saint Nick". :D

nikolaus shoes.jpg
The evening of December 5th, my children, along with many children throughout the world will be placing shoes outside their doors, and waiting for Saint Nikolaus to fill them with goodies and presents.

Each country has their own little spin on this tale that was actually inspired by a real person. Coming from a Bavarian family, I am partial to their version of Saint Nikolaus. And in demented Brothers' Grimm Fairy tale fashion, Saint Nikolaus is also accompanied by a Demonic Villain named "Krampus" who's story has scared naughty boys and girls for centuries...

I fully expect Krampus to be kidnapping my son this year and giving me a bit of reprieve!:p
krampus.png

I'm not sure how many forum members will be celebrating St. Nikolaus Day with me, but to the handful of people who know what I'm talking about :D...

HAPPY SAINT NICHOLAS DAY!!!!
I HOPE YOUR SHOES ARE FULL OF LOTS OF GOODIES!

Prairie Mom

Isn't everyone sooooo excited for the new horror movie: "Krampus" being released in US theaters TONIGHT!!?!?
(Very surprisingly the movie has some great actors in it...Adam Scott and Toni Colette, what are you doing??)

HOLY ST. NICK!!! I just found a SECOND Krampus movie coming out this year!!!! This one stars William Shatner!!! -No, I'm not making it up!...

Aren't you so glad that I am here to point this out to you all!? :p Now, you can view these Cinematic Masterpieces with your friends and know all about the history behind the movies. Yes! :D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
:DView attachment 157675
(see http://www.stnicholascenter.org/pages/around-the-world/ for info on Countries who celebrate)

The original Saint Nick is coming to town the morning of December 6th for much of Europe and other countries as well. He still comes to deliver presents despite the weird way America and the Coca Cola company have distorted his image throughout the world and changed his name to "Santa Claus" or "Jolly ol' Saint Nick". :D

View attachment 157674
The evening of December 5th, my children, along with many children throughout the world will be placing shoes outside their doors, and waiting for Saint Nikolaus to fill them with goodies and presents.

Each country has their own little spin on this tale that was actually inspired by a real person. Coming from a Bavarian family, I am partial to their version of Saint Nikolaus. And in demented Brothers' Grimm Fairy tale fashion, Saint Nikolaus is also accompanied by a Demonic Villain named "Krampus" who's story has scared naughty boys and girls for centuries...

I fully expect Krampus to be kidnapping my son this year and giving me a bit of reprieve!:p
View attachment 157676

I'm not sure how many forum members will be celebrating St. Nikolaus Day with me, but to the handful of people who know what I'm talking about :D...

Happy Saint Nicholas Day to you and your family too! I hope you have all been very good and have lots of treats in your shoes!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
:DView attachment 157675

View attachment 157674

View attachment 157676

And a Happy Saint Nicholas' Day to you, too, Chrissy.:)
May your shoes and those of your family be full of nice things.:)
(but maybe not cheese, not in shoes.) ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Isn't everyone sooooo excited for the new horror movie: "Krampus" being released in US theaters TONIGHT!!?!?
(Very surprisingly the movie has some great actors in it...Adam Scott and Toni Colette, what are you doing??)

HOLY ST. NICK!!! I just found a SECOND Krampus movie coming out this year!!!! This one stars William Shatner!!! -No, I'm not making it up!...

Aren't you so glad that I am here to point this out to you all!? :p Now, you can view these Cinematic Masterpieces with your friends and know all about the history behind the movies. Yes! :D
I learn something new everyday !

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Hmmmmm.
i can hardly wait. ;)

Dkozi7

Georgia
My mother and grandmother came from Germany and I remember putting our shoes on the fireplace for a few years! I should've continued the tradition. I grew up on Grimms tales as well, think I'll have to see the movie.

Prairie Mom

My mother and grandmother came from Germany and I remember putting our shoes on the fireplace for a few years! I should've continued the tradition. I grew up on Grimms tales as well, think I'll have to see the movie.
No time like the present!!! -ha! Get it!? Put some shoes out and fill them with goodies! I'll fly down and do it myself if I have to!:D

As for the movie...I live a good distance away from my relatives, but my two sisters are going to see it together -kind of as a joke and I expect a good time will be had. I seriously can't believe the first one I posted has Adam Scott and Toni Collette! I'll probably be renting this one;) When you see it, you'll have to come back and give a review :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nothing good could come out of my shoes....