Happy Birthday TFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
well, its been a solid 365 days since this site went live and boy how things have changed! i started with searching for real people who could answer my questions about tortoises -- but in real time! my options looked very limited. to make things worse, most of them were age-old forums moderated and administrated by power hungry grumps and naysayers. then it dawned on me...why not create my own tortoise site where people will be able to find answers to their pressing questions without having to be harassed by egotistical moderators. and so it was born. the site slowly grew (thanks to craigslist and other free ad sites) and now we are nearly 1300 members strong and growing daily!
i'm ecstatic that this site has turned into a great resource for tortoise and turtle lovers the world over. my favorite part as a facilitator is watching strangers help strangers who are helping animals. its tough to get passed some not-so-minor differences in husbandry philosophy, but at the end of the day, we all want the best for our animals and everyone in this community is capable of helping assure that tortoises all over the world are being properly cared for.
Thank you to all who have joined, perused, posted, laughed, voted, spread the word, and participated in any form. Thank you for changing this idea into a hobby.

Happy Birthday TFO!

bacaraj

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Biloxi,MS
Congratulations on making the big 1 year mark Josh. You have done a great job.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Happy Birthday TFO. In such a small amount of time it is amazing to see how much you have accomplished. WTG!!! Whenever I go online this is the first site that I go to. You all have helped me a lot!!! Keep up the wonderful work :)

Jamie

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:rolleyes:

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WOoooooooooooooooooooooo! Happy B-day TFO.

This site is great! No matter how differnt we all are we share a common love and intrest for turtles and torotises!
Its amazing we can all get together and share that !

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Josh - thank you for TFO:D

Happy Birthday TFO!

Granolagal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Congratulations Josh! Thanks so much for making this happen. The best forum for anything that I have ever happened upon!!!! It has been an enormous help. The genuine interest in the well -being of our shelled loved ones I believe surpasses the need to 'be right' as I have seen on many different forums. It is wonderfully refreshing! Cheers and a big Happy Birthday TFO...and many more.... :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Congrats on a good job, Josh! This is the very best and most enjoyable turtle/tortoise group that I belong to, and I used to belong to quite a few! Keep up the good work.

Yvonne

PS: I love all the people here (including you, Ed)

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Happy Birthday TFO!

I am so happy that I stumbled upon this site. I have gotten wonderful advice here. If it wasn't for TFO I wouldn't have my little Cassie.

Great job Josh! Thanks for such a great resource!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Job well done Josh! Happy Birthday TFO! I am so happy to be a part of this forum and to have such a large tfo family!

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sorry I'm late, been busy.
Happy 1st Birthday!!! Congratulations Josh, you've done a wonderful job.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Its the best one Ive ever seen and Ive seen..... no others.. Doh! This was the first one I found and never left!!!
HAPPY B DAY!!!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Yea!! The big ONE!!! Congrats Josh, I am so glad that TFO has taken off like it has and that so many people contribute. I have seen many other sites, some fail after the first couple of months and others well not so good!!! Great Job Josh and thanks for starting TFO!!!!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Happy B-day TFO :D

Josh, you did ( and still doing) an amazing job with this forum. Thanks a lot for created it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Josh you did a great job when you first started this site and you continue to give it the same thought and dedication. Thank you and congrats at the same time.

To all the members, it's you who give this site it's life and heart. So congrats and thanks go to all of you too.

tasena

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
congrats, I am sure glad to have found your site its already been a great help and I just started, Thanks so much

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
just like Obama says... Change. The key to anyone's success is to constantly be changing, and evolving with the times.

This site is always modified and updating itself. Always finding ways to improve itself. It really relies directly on feedback from members, because without the members, this site is nothing.

So thank you again everyone, and keep that feedback coming. We love all feedback, both positive and negative. We want it to fit everyone's needs and keep it growing.

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
WoW has it been a year, already?? How exciting!!! Happy 1st year!!!
Thanks Josh and all the mods for their time and dedication to an awesome site!!

Status
Not open for further replies.