Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Happy Birthday Edna!!

I hope you have a gorgeous day with lots of fond memories created. I doubt anybody can top your early birthday gift from your tortoise, but I sure hope they give it a good shot. :tort: Have fun, relax, laugh, and enjoy your day.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
Thanks, peeps.
We went to Steamboat Springs for the day. I'd never been before and kind of wanted to see what was there. We had a nice lunch and made it to their farmer's market just before it was closing. Walked past a bunch of shops on the main street. For the most part, same shops with the same merchandise as other ski resort towns. Oh, the tee shirts say "Steamboat Springs" instead of "Breckenridge."
BEST part of going to Steamboat was the river and the springs feeding into it. We took the dogs to the river where a little stream was joining it. Ponette has always loved wading. If there's sprinkler water running in the gutter on our walk, she wants to walk in it. She loves it when the little puddles get a glaze of ice on them, because walking on the ice makes is crunch and break. When she's getting a drink of water in the yard, she usually stands with one foot in the pan. Anyway, she had a great time wading up and down the creek and the edge of the river. Our beagle waded a bit, too, and the younger Aussie got her feet wet at least. It was so much fun for everyone that we took the dogs back there again before we headed back home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like a peaceful, relaxing day, but not boring. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.