Hamburg Reptile Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Awesome. I need to send you all my footage and have you edit and voice over. great video Anthony.
Those were some good looking turtles. The terrapin and Mexican musk were phenomenal specimens.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
tortadise said:
Awesome. I need to send you all my footage and have you edit and voice over. great video Anthony.
Those were some good looking turtles. The terrapin and Mexican musk were phenomenal specimens.

Just so you know, I would do that in a second. I'm doing that tomorrow for our friend Joshua from turtle towns.com. The first one of those videos will be released tomorrow. I see it as a chance to help him get his name and great animals out there, and a chance to build views on our site and YouTube channel. A win/win. Those types of little collaborations are what make this hobby great and set us apart from snake people :)

Let me know if you'd ever really want to do that.

They really were great. I think the terrapin was very cheap too. Hamburg, from what I have seen, is second to non for DBTs.

I was blown away by the little CB twistneck too!

Raymo2477

5 Year Member
Eastern, PA, USA
I went to the show and there were some nice torts (some one had baby Hermann's so cute), but I also saw mixed species, bad pyramiding on juvi sulcattas, and a box full of red foot babies all with shell rot.

I also heard a lot of bad advice given out to new perspective tort owners like 10 gal. tank is fine for a sulcatta for the first year and that they only get a big as a football.

I do have to say I did see good advice given out as well...but that was from true breeders/hobbyists not the guys in the wholesale reptile business.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Raymo2477 said:
I went to the show and there were some nice torts (some one had baby Hermann's so cute), but I also saw mixed species, bad pyramiding on juvi sulcattas, and a box full of red foot babies all with shell rot.

I also heard a lot of bad advice given out to new perspective tort owners like 10 gal. tank is fine for a sulcatta for the first year and that they only get a big as a football.

I do have to say I did see good advice given out as well...but that was from true breeders/hobbyists not the guys in the wholesale reptile business.

Well, if you were checking out baby Hermann's, you probably stopped by the table I work! (WaterlandTubs/TurtleTowns)

We are always appalled by some of the advice we hear that people received, but always try to correct the poor information.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
GeoTerraTestudo said:
I tried to view the video, but it says "An error occurred..."

I'd try to reload the page. All seems to be functioning properly.

theTurtleRoom

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lititz, PA
Will said:
That was a big head in that video, yes? That was cool to see. They are very interesting turtles.

Will

It sure was....was going for $1800!

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Will said:
That was a big head in that video, yes? That was cool to see. They are very interesting turtles.

Will

Yeah,

A couple of animals at this August show were pretty impressive. A lot of stuff at the show is stuff that hasn't even been showing up on kingsnake or fauna yet this year.

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Will said:
Wow, a mere 15 years ago, same show they were about $25.00 each. CITES really does contribute to conservation, greed too.

Will

So true Will. Seems like thing move so slowly, until you look at the hobby over the last 5, 10, 15, 20, years....

Status
Not open for further replies.