Hamburg PA Repile Expo - Dec. 4th, Should I Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekm5015

5 Year Member
Has anyone attended the reptile expo held in Hamburg PA? Is it worth going to? I dont care much for snakes, lizards, ect...just torts. So, with that in mind would you recomend me going?

Thanks and maybe I will see you there if I decide to go.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenmoore, PA
RE: Hamburg PA Repile Expo - Dec. 4th

I just went to the show in reading on november 20th in reading at the expo center. It was fun, but there wasnt many tortoises, mostly snakes and bearded dragons. A couple people had russians and one person had sulcata hatchlings. I believe the hamburg show is run by a different outfit though. the one in reading is the northern berks reptile show. I had wanted to go to the hamburg one before though. There doesnt seem to be as many tortoise people at the shows up north.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
I have a buddy in Ct. that goes to that show.He told me he was surprised they actually had quite a few different turtles/tortoises there...I think I saw a video on youtube that shows a lot as well.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
I go to the Hamburg show a couple of times a year. The late August show is usually good for tortoises. There are usually less tortoises at the December show except for lots of Sulcatas, usually Redfoots and WC adult Russians. It does vary somewhat based on season and availability of hatchlings. But it's often hit and miss with the tortoise selection at Hamburg. There is always some assortment available, but it really depends upon what specific species you're looking for. I've always enjoyed going no matter what since even though I'm strictly a tortoise and turtle guy I love checking out all the cool amphibians and lizards too. Snake are okay, just not my thing. But to me it's like going to a really cool zoo where you don't have to look at a zillion types of mammals and birds, just cool herps!

Status
Not open for further replies.