Hai from Sacramento California

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidao88

5 Year Member
Hello everyone like the title says im from Sacramento ca. I currently have a one year old red footed tortoise name Peach, she is my first . I just got her from a breeder about a month ago. I used a lot of info on this site and finally decided to become a member ... Conditions and habitat looks good ATM... Her tank is a 5ft by 2 ft tall and 2 ft wide. Humidity is always at 80 F in daytime n around 60-70 around night. With temp being 90-95 in basking area and 75-80F on other side..

I have tested her interest with all fake plants before putting them in, only live thing growing is some millet and milo seedlings.

Greatly appreciate any concerns and help thanks in advance and also her shell is like that when I first got her... I feed her 4 times a week spring mix without spinach and 3 times half and half with mazuri feed. Two times a week I sprinkle calcium d3 with no ph.

My only concern is if she is pyramiding or not... there is a black heat lamp on one side , the other side is a basking lamp and a UVB light, and a humidifier all attached to a 12 he cycle timer.

My plan is to have her an maybe one yellow footed male in the future for the rest of my life, housing indoor( will make enclosure larger when needed. The pix doesn't have the heat lamp on one side, and there are two hides, plus a humid hide with forest moss, water dish etc, the basic staples I suppose.

ImageUploadedByTortForum1368060248.591818.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1368060309.291329.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1368060386.125877.jpg

My tortoise Peach hates apples

Last edited by a moderator:

Calypso59

5 Year Member
:tort:Welcome! I have two yearling red foots and one four month old. They are a very friendly and curious breed. This site has wonderful information that will keep you learning new things everyday. Do you give your tort other fruit and vegetables? Try blueberries, strawberries and blackberries. Also they enjoy squash,carrots and string beans. Red foots should also have protein every so often. . There are a lot more people on here with more experience and I!m sure you'll get all the help and info you need. Enjoy your tort.:tort:
haidao88 said:
Hello everyone like the title says im from Sacramento ca. I currently have a one year old red footed tortoise name Peach, she is my first . I just got her from a breeder about a month ago. I used a lot of info on this site and finally decided to become a member ... Conditions and habitat looks good ATM... Her tank is a 5ft by 2 ft tall and 2 ft wide. Humidity is always at 80 F in daytime n around 60-70 around night. With temp being 90-95 in basking area and 75-80F on other side..

I have tested her interest with all fake plants before putting them in, only live thing growing is some millet and milo seedlings.

Greatly appreciate any concerns and help thanks in advance and also her shell is like that when I first got her... I feed her 4 times a week spring mix without spinach and 3 times half and half with mazuri feed. Two times a week I sprinkle calcium d3 with no ph.

My only concern is if she is pyramiding or not... there is a black heat lamp on one side , the other side is a basking lamp and a UVB light, and a humidifier all attached to a 12 he cycle timer.

My plan is to have her an maybe one yellow footed male in the future for the rest of my life, housing indoor( will make enclosure larger when needed. The pix doesn't have the heat lamp on one side, and there are two hides, plus a humid hide with forest moss, water dish etc, the basic staples I suppose.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Hai, and welcome to the Forum!! :D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Cute Redfoot. Sorry about the pyramiding. But, with proper care, her shell can look better with smooth new growth over time. As a side note, do you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow dogs to visit your home? If yes, then you really need to read Tom's thread under my name. It's a must read.

haidao88

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the replies, I do indeed have two dogs, German Shepard and a lab. I think there's protein in the mazuri so I don't want the feed her too much... As for fruits seems to give red foots more problem then benefit , I read a lot but I'm no sure so correct me if I'm wrong I'm very new to this...if the mazuri isn't enough protein let me know thanks, and how could I help with her pyramiding problem because when I got her which was in the first pic that's how she looks

How do I find the post about dogs? I am using the tort forum app for the iPhone

Travlnwood

5 Year Member
Hello Hai. This is a great group of people that you've just connected with.Brad.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Welcome to the tfo! Great to have someone from the capital! Mmmmmm, mentos... Dang it, now I'm hungry!

haidao88

5 Year Member
Lol mentos.... I think whenever I leave around here I just crave some in and out lol

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Hello and welcome to the Forum! I am also in the Sacramento area. Redfoot is a great choice for our area. If you need help locally feel free to contact me. If you have not consided it yet I wanted to invite you to join us at the Sacramento turtle and tortoise club. You can find our group on facebook.

Melissa

haidao88

5 Year Member
Will do Melissa it is always great to get local help n able I buy and trade locally, great to know there's a club will look into it soon... And melissa u will be my new teacher lol since u know the climate, about that is it good to keep RFs outdoor around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.