Gypsy and the Vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
Okay, today was the day Gypsy's vet could see him. I really like him, because he himself is a TORT owner. Gypsy did manage to pass a big glob of goo onto the table...which was somewhat of a relief to me, because that meant he was not impacted.

So, the soaks and mineral oil however so small that was (plus the ride stress) worked.

Bad news is that it is the bad type of parasite. But the Vet seemed positive that Gypsy would recover and gave us the medicine for all of the torts to take and we will recheck in a few weeks.

So no URI, no impactatioin...so note to all of the tort owners out there. Please keep an extra eye out for when you think your tort just ism't acting right. I caught mine, because I feed protein on Sundays and he wouldn't eat. Had I not done this, the results would have been death to my little tort, because in an outside enclosure..it is hard to see which one is eating and which one is not. Which one has been active and which one is not.

Thanks to everyone on this site who said prayers and sent well wishes. Yvonne...you are amazing. Thanks for all of your free advice on this forum. I wish there was a way to repay you.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
So glad you caught it in time! Good luck with the recovery!

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
Good to hear he'll recover!

Do you have any inkling how/where he got the parasite?

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Thanks everyone....anyone have any ideas how to get a RF to eat medicated food? It would be much simpliar if I could just get them to open their mouths....but that ain't happening..

Status
Not open for further replies.