Gypsy and Iago together finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
We went for our meet and greet with the Vet today. They made sure they did their waste elimination on the way, so he would have something to test.
He was curious as to why Gypsy has a domed shell and Iago has more of the Redfoot elongated shell. Looked them both over felt their shells. Sent the Tech back to start the fecal test. As we were chit chatting getting to know one another, talk about their diets..etc etc. He mentioned that there was a good chance that one of the two would have parasites..as very few come in without one. No worry though, just a little deworming and everything would be fine. He left to go finish test and bring back the results.
He came back in after about 10 minutes and just shook his head. I don't believe this, but you don't have any parasites. Someone must have dewormed them before you got them. I told him, I didn't think so. Iago came from a Redfoot breeder in Florida. He all but guarnteed that he/she would be parasite free. Gypsy came to me like a box of Cracker Jack..passed around and around. Didn't know age, diet or previous care. :(

Dr. Zeh then said, well whatever you are doing. Keep on doing. Just to be on the safe side bring me in a combination stool sample in 6 months. THEY ARE SAFE TO HOUSE TOGETHER. :cool:

So, thanks everyone who has answered my questions. Newbies who asked the questions before I could and got good sound advice. Oh yeah, one last thing. He ask how I came to know of his practice and I said he was the only Reptile/Exotic Vet listed on TortoiseForum.Org in my area. He had never heard of the group, but was thankful for the reference. :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Very good for you and your 2 torts. Always good to leave the vet happy and with a clean bill of health..

LindaF

5 Year Member
It is always great to get good news from the vet!

Status
Not open for further replies.