Gulf World sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el paso tx
I rarely see other sulcatas so i was excited to see they had them at Gulf World in panama city fl. I thought they would be great specimens but was disappointed. They have three on exhibit and they all looked terrible, really bad pyramiding on all three, one seemed almost flat, very lethargic, ony one moved about six inches from the time i first saw them [about three hours]. No hides, no fresh water, only dry grass as food. I did speak with one of the owners and expressed my concerns. He seemed oblivious to it and i shared some ideas and asked him to do some research. sad, sad.:(:(:(

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
No pics?
send them info.. dont overwhlem them.. just basic...
maybe they are rescues and came to them that bad.. ?

Schlomo

5 Year Member
Pictures I found from googling

Gulf-World-Marine-Park-Panama-City-Beach-FL-052.JPG

Gulf-World-Marine-Park-Panama-City-Beach-FL-054.JPG

EricIvins

5 Year Member
You have to understand, most "Pet Trade" type Tortoises displayed in Zoos/Parks/Whatever are animals turned over by the general Public......They aren't going to be the best looking animals for the most part, and I can tell you from experience, some Sulcatas just aren't active........Especially animals that are used to seeing People........

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
I agree with your comment about sulcatas that are used to seeing people not being as active. I have one that has been raised indoors since it was a hatchling, I started to notice it has become more sedentary over the last year. I thought something was wrong, but it is a very happy camper, just has no reason to run around. The food and bath gods deliver on time daily, so there are no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.