Guidance and help for spur thighed tortoises

Claireb

Location (City and/or State)
East Sussex
Hi I have read so much regarding caring for my spur thighed tortoises and there is so much conflicting advice that I am still struggling with the best way to care for them. They are 3 years old and currently live in a tortoise table but I really would like them to have a better quality of life and be outside. When I put them out they don’t seem to do a lot and bury themselves I. The ground, is this normal behaviour or are they too cold and unhappy. They have never hibernated yet as again there is so much conflicting advice on when is the right age to start. I want them to have the best quality of life.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi I have read so much regarding caring for my spur thighed tortoises and there is so much conflicting advice that I am still struggling with the best way to care for them. They are 3 years old and currently live in a tortoise table but I really would like them to have a better quality of life and be outside. When I put them out they don’t seem to do a lot and bury themselves I. The ground, is this normal behaviour or are they too cold and unhappy. They have never hibernated yet as again there is so much conflicting advice on when is the right age to start. I want them to have the best quality of life.
How many do you have?

Here is what you are looking for:

Claireb

East Sussex
How many do you have?

Here is what you are looking for:
Two