Growing grass indoors

Figster45

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
I just got the Tortoise grass seed mix from Nature's Seed for my little Indian Star. Such a good mix of grasses for them, I just hope it grows! I will be growing it indoors since I live in an apartment and purchased a grow light for it. Has anyone had any experience with this mix? Anyone have tips for growing grass in general indoors? I have only tried wheatgrass and I'm sure this will be a little more stubborn than that. Pic of the types in the mix provided...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190222-145450_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190222-145450_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 23

Ramirezm2

5 Year Member
Elk Grove CA
Use Lugarti Terrarium grass. I have used this for years and does not require a grow light. The grass also grows within 2-4 days and will last for about 2-3 weeks. Definitely a good source of food and fiber.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
When growing plants in my enclosures, the best light I have used to date that really gets good results and still has a natural light look is this one. I really like it. Very well made and a great spectrum compared to the blue/red looking grow lights. Comes in 15, 30 and 40 watts and is very bright. I'm using this more and more in my enclosures.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BRKT56T/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20