Greg T babies, Beans and Watson

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
It's amazing to me that Beans and Watson are clutch mates! That means they have the EXACT same parents and the same (or very close) hatch date, right? :p

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
It's amazing to me that Beans and Watson are clutch mates! That means they have the EXACT same parents and the same (or very close) hatch date, right? :p
Yep. They are clutch mates. There are several members here who also have yearlings from the same clutch. I can't remember but I think it was three other people. @diamondbp may have been one but I can't remember for sure.
I'd LOVE to to see how the other clutch mates are coming along.
Are they more like Watson, big like Beans? I'd just love to follow them.

AbbyLee22

5 Year Member
New Mexico
It is amazing how different growth rates can be. Mine are at weird stages too, one not growing hardly at all and the other with new white spots daily it seems. They are almost a month apart and at only 3 and 2 months that makes a difference too but still! I love beans! I hope I get a high white! Crazy that he didn't start out that way though at all.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
At 2, Levi was clearly a male. Your 2 don't scream male to me.
Then again at 3, I thought Summer was a female and I was proven wrong. So, these ones are still in a grey area IMO
So helpful, right? LOL

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
@Greg T,
What do you think on Beans? Male or female? I'm really surprised I'm still not able to tell for sure at his size.

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Here is our new baby from Greg. He arrived 12-30, healthy, alert and awake right out of the box. He started running and has not stopped since! great appetite, energy and disposition. we just love our Julius.

That is his RF brother n the background, they are housed completely separate but we do bathe them (separately) at the same time. IMG_6582.JPG

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
@Elohi Sorry to jump in to your thread..... Your torts are stunning, They look awesome and it is obvious the care and love you provide.
I got so excited to see some of Greg's hatchlings grown up. Gives us high standards and goals to strive for!!!!

Thanks

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I think you are doing a wonderful job with these two. I'm just not sure on either one yet. Beans is about the size to start showing himself, but possibly not at the maturity level just yet. Watson seems a little young yet to know. I lean towards female for Beans and possibly male for Watson based on anal scutes, but Just not quite sure. Do either seem to have the concave plastron? I sure see a lot of Bean's daddy in his shell shape though, including the back bottom scute kinda rounding under a little. I'm amazed at how big they are already. You could have some beasts there!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I think you are doing a wonderful job with these two. I'm just not sure on either one yet. Beans is about the size to start showing himself, but possibly not at the maturity level just yet. Watson seems a little young yet to know. I lean towards female for Beans and possibly male for Watson based on anal scutes, but Just not quite sure. Do either seem to have the concave plastron? I sure see a lot of Bean's daddy in his shell shape though, including the back bottom scute kinda rounding under a little. I'm amazed at how big they are already. You could have some beasts there!

Thank you!
Here are some plastron pics.
Beans
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121542.632655.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121553.817173.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121580.005687.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121594.938952.jpg

Watson
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121615.258301.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121626.810111.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121802.115903.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1452121817.633170.jpg

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Those are fairly flat, but that still doesn't rule out a male at this young age. I think you may have to wait and see, perhaps springtime will bring out the boy in Beans this year.