Greetings!

Sara G.

Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
I think with MVB bulbs you have to use a ceramic socket. You should be able to get what you need at home depot or online for fairly cheap.

Josh Taylor

I think with MVB bulbs you have to use a ceramic socket. You should be able to get what you need at home depot or online for fairly cheap.

Funny thing I got ceramic sockets by accident, so I guess I'll use it then. Once i got the MVB bulb and get the other lamp all soldered i'll take a pic so you guys decide the lamp positioning and all

But she got up a few hours ago and has been walking around and eating, her eye is all good i had her bathing in water for a little bit(Like barely nothing really, enough to get her belly wet)

In the dry area, I dried up the excess coco fiber i had from the wet one so she now has humid coco fiber in her house and eating area and dry coco fiber in the supposed basking area

Josh Taylor

Oh yeah, i got her some of those vitamins the vit d3 and vit E and it also has vit A apparently, but its like hard round thingys what shoud i do? Break them up, or grind them and sprinkle over her food?

They call it herbivor loops (I got some once for my big turtle and she hated it...not sure about tortoises)

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
I haven't heard of turtle loops. I don't know much about the vitamin supplants you have either, hopefully another forum member knows more than I do!
Cuttlebone is really all I rely on as a supplement of anything. But my tort and turtles all get a pretty varied diet so they get plenty of vitamins that way. :D

Josh Taylor

So....anyway tomorrow I'm supposed to take some of Taco's poop for the vet...but I haven't seen any poop laying around....

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Give your tort a good long soak until he gets to the point of roaming the bowl and trying to climb out. He'll poop!

As for vitamin supplements, @Yvonne G will know for certain, but I am pretty sure you have to be cautious with Vitamin A

Josh Taylor

So finally, you can see the heat lamp I just did has a 70W lamp in it, soon to be exchanged for that MVB one, then I have the terracota bathing thingy I got her today placed so slabs around to help her get up, it's not too filled with water considering adding a tiny bit more, the cocofiber is all dry in that area.

Where her house is she's been in there most of the day then got up and kinda just went to where her food is and just stared at me like "Dude....where's my food?" So I went and got a bit of tomato lettuce and a bit of cabbage. (I'm gonna see if I can get some seeds to plant so I can grow some of the stuff you guys recommended). Kinda needed to know what kinda light I should have in this area considering it was where I had the UVB., and the coco fiber is damp iin this area.

Still need to get her poop for tomoz

(This size is just until she gets bigger, then my dad can easily make one double or triple the size of this one)

Josh Taylor

Give your tort a good long soak until he gets to the point of roaming the bowl and trying to climb out. He'll poop!

As for vitamin supplements, @Yvonne G will know for certain, but I am pretty sure you have to be cautious with Vitamin A

Thanks! I'll get her in it now then!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Your basking lamp needs to hang down vertically so there's an intense hot spot underneath otherwise it won't be effective

Josh Taylor

Your basking lamp needs to hang down vertically so there's an intense hot spot underneath otherwise it won't be effective

Is there a min height it needs to be? Otherwise I'll clamp it onto the side....Only reason I didn't was because I didn't want it too close....

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Is there a min height it needs to be? Otherwise I'll clamp it onto the side....Only reason I didn't was because I didn't want it too close....
Clamps aren't recommended as they often fail and it's a fire risk.

Also it's impossible to get the lamp pointing down vertically with a clamp. Hang it from a lamp stand.

You must make sure the lamp doesn't burn the shell, so yes it can be too close. It's much easier to control the lamp when it hangs.

Josh Taylor

Ill work on that tomoz....
Anyway Im gonna need your guys help when i get back home identifying some poop cuz i havent trally seen anything thst looksblike obvious poop...and considering im driving 1 hour up the road and have a 30€ appoinment i dont wanna end up taking dirt....

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
It's possible your baby hasn't gone yet. Torts metabolize food slower than we do.
But babies usually go fairly often. However with all the changes, your baby might not have had a regular one.
Of course, there's always the possibility that your baby ate it. Sounds gross, I know, but it's not uncommon to have a tort (quite a number of animals actually do this) eat their own poop.
You should be able to drop off a sample when you get one with no need for an appointment at your vet though.

Josh Taylor

It's possible your baby hasn't gone yet. Torts metabolize food slower than we do.
But babies usually go fairly often. However with all the changes, your baby might not have had a regular one.
Of course, there's always the possibility that your baby ate it. Sounds gross, I know, but it's not uncommon to have a tort (quite a number of animals actually do this) eat their own poop.
You should be able to drop off a sample when you get one with no need for an appointment at your vet though.

Hey their, so yeah I went up there and she said without the poop there was nothing for her to do....so I'm not gonna rush it cuz it's 1h30 drive every freaking day, plus the vet place works only with appointments.
Yeah I had a dog that my mum salvaged from the street that used to eat his own poop, but I'll keep an eye on Taco she what she does.

On the drive back I felt something touch my leg and went to look down and she had opened the lid of the container and was climbing out :D

Josh Taylor

Forgot to mention, looked for an MVB light and no good, they didn't even have tube UVBs so I'm gonna have to order one from Ebay.