Greetings to all

dozers butler

hello all, im new on this forum and wanted to say hi. I live in the central valley of california. My tortie is a guy ive had for 5 years now , i raised him from just a little guy. his name is bulldozer. He is a sulcatta. And he is the coolest. Ive learned alot along the way and want to continue to learn. So I finally decided to plug in with like minded folks and share stories and observations. anyway ... yup. hello all.

dozers butler

haha welcome my friend. Ill try to find somepics to post up . hes down in his googie hole right now . hes about 12feet deep haha. last i measured with the tape. so the pics dont come out but he should be rolling out of bed around 11 depending on the sun.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I'm in the Central Valley too, but it's way too cold here at night for my sulcata to be down in a burrow. He has a heated shed for night time.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Bulldozer.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun. :)

dozers butler

thanks to all of you , Yvonne , im also concerned about him being in his burrow, as of this morning its 29 degrees out there. this is the first year where hs is to humongous for me to keep him indoors. so i planned on keeping him in an empty water trough with basking light and uv. also heat pad then when its warm he likes to go out nd munch on yard stuff like fig leaves rose leaves and grasses. but now he just goes in his googie hole. im looking for the plans to build him a hot box likethe ones on here , i see alot of em but no plans . ?? I can build just about anything so thats not a problem. i think trying to figure out how to get him out of that burrow. its 22 feet deep. i stuck a measuring tape in there during the summer . he goes in and out during the hot parts of the summer . any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated . oh and i live in hanford so not far from clovis.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are no plans posted, however, Tom and Will both have shown step-by-step pictures of building their night boxes. Look for Tom's "Best Night Box Design Yet" You can do a search for it. And I think Will's is under "Live Naked People"

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wish you good luck getting him out, until he wants out. I just spent weeks getting my biggest male out of his tunnel and inside. o_O

dozers butler

:tort:well i did his favorite thing and out he came, I trimmed my roses and took some fig leaves and put them on the ground. that with the warm morning today was a fruitful plan. He is cought and in his rubber tub in the house awaiting my finishing of the night box. He looks fine and loves munching on his fig leaves and roses . It must not be as cold as I thought down in that googie hole. Tomorrow starts the fun. !!